• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is perfectly fine sitting at 67c...50% fan too.

I'd suggest riser cables to separate the cards.
I'm sticking to one pool atm, btcguild.com in pplns mode, with merged mining.
That should do until LTC is way above btc in profitability again.

ok i dont know if you guys saw how big the board is in the picture BUT CLEARLY it is a Mini ATX SOCKET 775 board. the two Radeon 7870s are in my MAIN COMPUTER.

(side note: running tempature tests right now. they will be up here in a moment)

here are the tests. i gave them 45 seconds to heat up to max and then record it. i sat gpu 1 and 2 individually in slots pcie1 and pcie2. then i re rain again with them running in crossfire. and lastly, for every test made, i would record the cards stock temp and then overclock the Core clock from 1100 (stock) to 1200mhz.

the program i used to test the cards was guiminer. fan speed was manually set and left at 100 during every test.

here are the tests

GPU1

PCIE1

79c stock
81c 1200 core

PCIE2

79 stock
81c 1200 core

GPU2

PCIE1

76C stock
79c 1200 core

PCIE2

76c stock
79c 1200 core

AMD RADEON CROSSFIRE

GPU1

PCIE1

89c stock
93c 1200 core

PCIE2

77c stock
82c 1200 core

GPU2

PCIE1

85c stock
93c 1200 core

PCIE2

84c stock
88c 1200 core

after reading these numbers, the only thing i can think of is that gpu 1 may need a better thermal compound thats much more suited for GPUs. the compound i used was the one that came with my cpu heatpipe cooler.

Is the side of the case on? People often underestimate how little air the top card gets when in an x-fire or SLI configuration.

i did and didnt. nearly* same results. i do have plenty of air intakes and outtakes on this case. its a NZXT source 210 btw. if i did, i would have a fan already installed in ever part of the case thats available....yeah.

*they didnt make much difference.

Last edited:
i did and didnt. nearly* same results. i do have plenty of air intakes and outtakes on this case. its a NZXT source 210 btw. if i did, i would have a fan already installed in ever part of the case thats available....yeah.

*they didnt make much difference.
The only in-case miner I have is my 7950 that is watercooled. When I ran two others in there, Temps easily went to 90-100c. Not a good idea to mine inside a case, for temps sake.

need high powered fans (100+ CFM) and a gap in between cards or you need to lower clocks and volts until you can maintain less than 80.

I have two 5300rpm Nidec's but I run them at 3000rpm for best efficiency...also my gf would cut my #$& off if I ran 220cfm fans full blast all day. xD

she doesnt for 3k ? I find 3k quite annoying

She's using a stock phenom 2 x4 955 cooler, and a Sapphire 5670 for gaming...and a case with 80mm fans. THAT'S friggen noisy and the airflow sucks but women are kinda picky with their stuff. ("you can't touch my pc, you're gonna break it") :/

Hey, I like btcguild :p Jus' sayin'

i tried overclocking my Asrock G31m-s and found that the sata ports will not work until i put the clocks back to stock or just use the cmos jumper.

this happened after the 3.70ghz overclock crashed and would no longer work. even a tiny change would disable the sata ports.

EDIT: just remembered that this morning, the core 2 duo went from mining 45khashs to 24...im worried.

Last edited:
Well I don't know if you all have heard the news, but the Department of Homeland Security has shut down Dwolla transfers to and from Mtgox. The price has obviously reflected a bit of panic... However, these people are pretty stupid and don't realize that in a situation like this, BTC are far more liquid than USD. :screwy:

just bought two 120mm fans and a 140mm fan. the 140 will go on top, 120 on the bottom, and one on the front to cool the bottom drives.

I'd get a box fan for mining...much easier and cheaper than individual case fans. :p

the 7870s are not sitting on a test bench, they are in my computer.

i bought some more case fans to put in my computer since there are two 140mm fan spaces and 5 120mm fan spaces. plenty right there.

i will resume mining once i get teh fans. also, i just bought 0.1 bitcoin (10 dollars). hope it grows....

Aaaaahahahahahha. Serves dwolla right, sneaky (*&%*.

"NO CHARGEBACKS, EVER!"
(Events happen)
"$30k CHARGEBACK!"

Hey Guys, How do you buy Bitcoins on btc-e.com? I want to use my credit card to buy some coins while it is low, just have not found out how I can Do it without sending a wire trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back