• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was what shut Tradehill down.

Dwolla's platform was that they would never ever do a chargeback, ever.
Hence, no Paypal type issues of chargebacks for Bitcoins that cannot be charged back.
Tradehill trusted them.

Someone sent Tradehill ~30k via Dwolla, bought bitcoins, transfered the bitcoins out, and then had their bank do a chargeback to Dwolla.
Dwolla turned around and violated their own TOS and did a chargeback to Tradehill. Tradehill said "crap" and went out of business.

That was what shut Tradehill down.

Dwolla's platform was that they would never ever do a chargeback, ever.
Hence, no Paypal type issues of chargebacks for Bitcoins that cannot be charged back.
Tradehill trusted them.

Someone sent Tradehill ~30k via Dwolla, bought bitcoins, transfered the bitcoins out, and then had their bank do a chargeback to Dwolla.
Dwolla turned around and violated their own TOS and did a chargeback to Tradehill. Tradehill said "crap" and went out of business.

now that i get it, :rock:

just reseated the heatsink on my graphics card. temps look good..for now ill just game. once the fans come ni thats when ill go back to mining

well price didnt drop too much, it will normalize
btw i use btc-e; no probs so far

one thing i dont get, why homeland security ? are they universal control now ? werent they supposed to mostly deal with terrorists or something ?

mtgox's statement
Statement Regarding Dwolla:

Like many who have contacted us, MtGox has read on the Internet that the United States Department of Homeland Security had a court order and/or warrant issued from the United States District Court in Maryland which it served upon the Dwolla mobile payment service with respect to accounts used for trading with MtGox. We take this information seriously. However, as of this time we have not been provided with a copy of the court order and/or warrant, and do not know its scope and/or the reasons for its issuance. MtGox is investigating and will provide further reports when additional information becomes known.

i was having cgminer crashes when rolling back to 13.1 . fix was uninstalling sdk then manually remove the files "amdocl.dll" and "opencl.dll" from C:\Windows\system32 and C:\windows\Syswow64. reinstall . pulled from bitcointalk

edit: wtf i ended up a bunch of threads back somehow. i assume this post isnt needed anymore

I have been wanting to start this Bitcoin, i have been reading, i have been watching videos, but i still fail to understand, how to make an account for myself to that the farming/mining i do, the profits go to me?

Where do i sign up? What software should i be useing, i am a bit confused, and would love help on this matter!

lol, indeed...solved.

Edit: Pierre, where are you located/how much kWh are you paying?

Download the bitcoin qt client from www.bitcoin.org, then download and install guiminer and register at www.btcguild.com
Also register at www.btc-e.com and www.mtgox.com, and you might also need a dwolla and okpay account as well as a coinbase.com one.

You proceed to mine and the pool (btcguild) will send you bitcoins to your wallet in your hdd. Don't forget to encrypt it with a pw!
You can then sell them to local folk or use one of the exchange sites to trade for other coins or sell for cash and withdraw via dwolla or okpay or some other method like wire transfer.

I sell to local people personally, find it more profitable and easier.

lol, indeed...solved.

Edit: Pierre, where are you located/how much kWh are you paying?

Download the bitcoin qt client from www.bitcoin.org, then download and install guiminer and register at www.btcguild.com
Also register at www.btc-e.com and www.mtgox.com, and you might also need a dwolla and okpay account as well as a coinbase.com one.

You proceed to mine and the pool (btcguild) will send you bitcoins to your wallet in your hdd. Don't forget to encrypt it with a pw!
You can then sell them to local folk or use one of the exchange sites to trade for other coins or sell for cash and withdraw via dwolla or okpay or some other method like wire transfer.

I sell to local people personally, find it more profitable and easier.

Wow, that was a lot of accounts, and i already got a headache.

I heard that I can mine from CPU and/or GPU? And encrypt on my harddrive? Is this all on my hdd? What if i format?

You'll want to mine on your AMD videocards, CPUs dont do SHA-256 or scrypt hashing very well. You mine in a pool like btcguild(many others with lower fees). The coins will show up there as you mine them - then you can transfer them wherever you want whenever you want. I store my coins on blockchain.info.

Unless you prefer to cash out steadily, you dont really need to worry about that part for now if you're set on mining.

with the 3 in your sig you're looking at about 1.8gh/s which = 0.0809BTC/$9.22 per 24hrs, minus your energy cost

Last edited:
You'll want to mine on your AMD videocards, CPUs dont do SHA-256 or scrypt hashing very well. You mine in a pool like btcguild(many others with lower fees). The coins will show up there as you mine them - then you can transfer them wherever you want whenever you want. I store my coins on blockchain.info.

Unless you prefer to cash out steadily, you dont really need to worry about that part for now if you're set on mining.

with the 3 in your sig you're looking at about 1.8gh/s which = 0.0809BTC/$9.22 per 24hrs, minus your energy cost

Okay, i was looking at using the cards, but i can still use my pc while mining i guess? Streaming tv shoes (what i do mostly when im just sat at home) I wouldnt be using my 2nd rig for mining.

When mining, the bitcoins are stored on my pc? Can they be auto transferred to an online bitcoin account, so that i wont lose them? Or is this manually done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back