• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the good news is that is actually my old rig. I have a 6950 in my new rig. thanks for posting the guide.

Overclock your GPU core as well. There are no gains to be had from overclocking your GPU memory, when it comes to mining. Increase your power control settings to +20% in CCC.

Overclocking your CPU has no effect on performance for GPU mining so I set mine back to stock clocks in order to save electricity.

Sell the coins on tradehill, then cash out via Dwolla.
That's what I'm doing at least.

As a future currency... Maybe. If Chase or someone steps in and starts acting as a trusted third party to enable instant transactions (instead of having to wait 5-20 minutes), that would go a loooong way towards making it succeed.
As it stands, I don't see it becoming anything but a fringe currency.

I can't sign up to Dwolla because it asks me which USA state I live in and I don't live in the USA and I don't have a US bank account. So how do I get cash paid to my bank account?

OCF doesn't, I like the Eligius pool personally, it and BTCGuild are my favorites.
I'd start with btcguild.

I can not figure out how to connect to save my life. I put in the username and password for the worker and it returns an error saying connection error under the speed column in the summary.

Don't you have to create an account with the minint pool's site for them to recognize your GUI Miner (where you put in your name and password)...

Don't you have to create an account with the minint pool's site for them to recognize your GUI Miner (where you put in your name and password)...

I created an account on the BTCGuild site and created a worker. I thought that was the info that I was supposed to enter. :confused:

EDIT: I read what it said on the GUI Mining Application site and it doesn't seem that I need to create a account anywhere else. It says to just register on the pool's site and enter that info.

Last edited:
Create an account at btcguild, lets say you used "Corey".
Now create a miner at BTC guild on that account, lets call it "home".

To connect, you tell your mining software (whatever it is) to connect to "Corey_home" at BTCGuild.com, with whatever password you gave the miner.

How do I get money paid into my NZ bank account from Bitcoin? I gave just over 1 bitcoin to TradeHill, then I found out they want $US45 as a fee. I'm not prepared to let them rip me off like that.

I'm just about to give up on the whole Bitcoin thing because I can generate Bitcoins easily enough, but I can't get any money from selling them.

If you know someone in the USA you can arrange things with them so that you send them the bitcoin(s) and they send you money via paypal.
It takes trust, as paypal transactions are easily reversed, leaving the USA person with both the bitcoins and the money.

Create an account at btcguild, lets say you used "Corey".
Now create a miner at BTC guild on that account, lets call it "home".

To connect, you tell your mining software (whatever it is) to connect to "Corey_home" at BTCGuild.com, with whatever password you gave the miner.

Don't know what it was but I had to create a new miner. I guess I had changed one of the settings on the other one. Looks like it is working now. :attn:

EDIT: Looks like it has something to do with the "Extra flags" that I had set. Gonna have to read up on that a bit more.

Last edited:
How do I get money paid into my NZ bank account from Bitcoin? I gave just over 1 bitcoin to TradeHill, then I found out they want $US45 as a fee. I'm not prepared to let them rip me off like that.

I'm just about to give up on the whole Bitcoin thing because I can generate Bitcoins easily enough, but I can't get any money from selling them.

If you have paypal you can use virwox.com. Convert the BTC to SLL, then SLL to whatever currency you want.

I'm honestly surprised at how few overclockers are mining bitcoin. Are there any folks here that are having too hard of a time getting up and running? I'd assume that people didn't believe in bitcoin as a real currency, but why aren't they mining and converting to cash?

Is there anything I can do to help folks start mining?

[Full disclosure: I help run http://bitp.it, but it's zero-fee so I don't make any money with it.]

If you want to see more people interested you should buy a million btc and get the price back up.
:chair:

Despite all the evidence to the contrary it still looks like a scam.
Plus the price is tanking, the amount of time required to pay off GPUs is staggering at this point.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary it still looks like a scam.
Plus the price is tanking, the amount of time required to pay off GPUs is staggering at this point.

This was triggered partially by a loss in consumer confidence and the huge debt crisis in the USA. What then occured was "panic selling", people got scared, and started selling their BTC cheaply because they just wanted to cash out NOW!

This had the effect of causing the markets to become flooded with BTC, which in turn dropped the prices further. Now that BTC have lost so much of their value, they are at the point where people are starting to buy BTC for a cheap price. This should eventually push the prices back up again as more and more people regain confidence in the BTC economy.

It's costing me about $US7 of electricity to mine each BTC - it's almost not worth it at this stage but I'm going to keep on mining! (I just bought a 5970 and a 5850 for mining).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back