• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bottom mounted power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
most people put the psu fan down, so it draws in cool air from under the case, but many people say it doesnt make a difference, so if the case is on a solid surface put the fan down but if its on carpet etc. put the fan up to keep fluff out.

Fan up or fan down? Case is Corsair 650D

most people put the psu fan down, so it draws in cool air from under the case, but many people say it doesnt make a difference, so if the case is on a solid surface put the fan down but if its on carpet etc. put the fan up to keep fluff out.

The only other issue is that you lose a few inches of length mounting the fan up because the power cables revert to the outside of the power supply and not next to the inner motherboard panel.

I mount mine down so I don't drop screws in the power supply.

I learned quick, with my Mountain Mod case, that the fan facing up is a very bad idea. I think I dropped 4-5 nuts in the power supply when attaching the hard drive converters.

Thanks everyone, I will be mounting it with the fan down for sure, especially since I am always dropping hardware.

I tried a bottom mounted PSU, with the fan pointing up. When filling my WC loop I accidently spilled 2 drops in to a running PSU :(

never did work after that.

Back