• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel Roadmap Leaked: Sandy Bridge Enthusiast Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LGA2011? A new slot again? Anybody else here miss the good old days of 775?

Yup, new socket. Been talked about for months now! Like 1156 before it, the current 1155 is the midrange offering. ;)

I cant wait to see what performance this brings.

LGA2011? A new slot again? Anybody else here miss the good old days of 775?

Ah yes, the days where you could have a chip that physically fits but is not electrically compatible. AMD is still playing that game; they can keep it.

Still no reason to go beyond quadcore for gamers. The money saved on that will go towards a video card.

Can't wait. I am still in s775 land here and I can tell with Bad Company 2, that my CPU is dragging my 6870 behind with it as it doesn't appear to perform any better than my 4890 at 1680x1050 with low details across the board. :(

Still no reason to go beyond quadcore for gamers. The money saved on that will go towards a video card.

Can't wait. I am still in s775 land here and I can tell with Bad Company 2, that my CPU is dragging my 6870 behind with it as it doesn't appear to perform any better than my 4890 at 1680x1050 with low details across the board. :(

bump that q6600 up to 3.5 ;)

I am a little sad to see the 1366 hexa's will be de-throned as king.. But I will have a nice 1155 board for the new hexa to sit in, so in a sence its okay.. But still.. I noticed a decrease in memory bandwidth and latency when I moved from 4-6 cores, just like moveing from 2-4 cores.. I wonder if dual channel will be enough to keep 6 cores fed?

I am a little sad to see the 1366 hexa's will be de-throned as king.. But I will have a nice 1155 board for the new hexa to sit in, so in a sence its okay.. But still.. I noticed a decrease in memory bandwidth and latency when I moved from 4-6 cores, just like moveing from 2-4 cores.. I wonder if dual channel will be enough to keep 6 cores fed?

I don't see where any hexs will be out for s1155....

Also I thought he move to an imc on intel decreased most latencies..though no clue on bandwidth. I also thought sandyb-e were quad channel? Not like true mattered much anyway.

I want to see how well these OC lol.
Will these come with the graphics chip on the cpu?
My cpu could have been faster if precious space wasnt wasted by some integrated graphic...:bang head:confused:

I am sad to see gulftown go :(. Last intel cpu with a cool name lol

These are sure to thrash amd x6, but it will be interesting to see them against Bulldozer.
If bulldozer is excellent, could these possibly come out sooner?

Last edited:
and i thought triple channel was a waste . . .

now someone is talking about quad channel memory XD
hopefully i'll get enough money for when they come out.

Back