• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5850 xfire vs 6970

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prunecandy

title says it all
i currently have a 5850 which up untill now has been able to run everything i throw at it. it is struggling with rift with max everything and its bugging me haha.
My 5850 has great cooling but cant overclock for anything
so should i buy another 5850 (they are priced right) or save some more cash up for a 6970

http://img.techpowerup.org/110424/Capture012.jpg

Just got a second 5850 for xfire, with the radeonpro CFX Overlay, it doesnt look like the rift CAP is working, but performance is definitely adequate.

Settings are ultra->Terrain/object distance upped a little. Moving the other sliders over more doesnt really help visuals much, and eats framerate quick.

If you do go crossfire, Install Ati CAP profiles.

If I was in your position, I would get the 6970. Because then you will be able to Xfire that with another 6970. Just my opinion.

If I was in your position, I would get the 6970. Because then you will be able to Xfire that with another 6970. Just my opinion.

Then by the time he needs to upgrade again, he'll be looking at a 7000 or 8000 card. Grab a second 5850 now, save the money, and by the time the 8000 comes out, then you'll need to upgrade (maybe). Saves you a good solid 200 bucks.

Back