• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair TX950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

I'm tempted to buy one of these PSUs, but I heard that there are motherboard compatibility issues with some of the Asus P6 motherboards when using this PSU with Windows 7. My motherboard is a P67, but does this mean that this PSU is of a questionable quality?

I found it pretty hard to believe that this problem exists, but I had a look on the tomshardware.com forums and several people mention this problem.

I think my Thermaltake PSU is playing up and I want to replace it as I plan on going Crossfire at some stage so I want something that is fairly future proof.

Last edited:
Why would a power supply have a problem with a specific motherboard? They are both built to ATX specifications. The operating system also has no bearing on the power supply as well.

That issue doesn't make sense unless there is something wrong with the motherboard. It may be a energy saving feature, etc.

Back