• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey OCF Modders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Who is really good at modding cases?

Please list all projects, and links to a gallery / work log.

Thanks.

What kind of modding are you looking for? What constitutes it as "modded"?

My Dragon Case is the only one I would consider modded. I didn't do the paint job, though. I also had a heavily modified Thermaltake Armor (the original), but I don't have a thread on it.

What kind of modding are you looking for? What constitutes it as "modded"?

+1. I'm curious why you're wanting "modding resumes" too.

The only case I've modded is putting a window in a single stage phase enclosure. I like designing and building stuff from scratch that are simple to make, yet very functional. IMO, modding an existing case isn't as difficult, unless the modder is really getting hardcore about it...which makes me think the modder should have just built from scratch instead...lol.

This is interesting. Are you silently looking for a modder to do some work for you? Are you looking for ideas on what to do? I've modded plenty of cases, but I wouldn't offer my services to anyone else because I doubt someone would be willing to pay me what my free time is worth and it would bring an element into my hobby that I'm trying to avoid.

1st case i modded i cut the window out using a blow torch.. it warped all to hell. Guess i outta just back out of this thread.

1st case i modded i cut the window out using a blow torch.. it warped all to hell. Guess i outta just back out of this thread.

That's quite funny, true or not and I would love to see a video or pictures in action. When you don't have a laser, a hot jet torch may just do the job :)

Sorry I meant to put in Case Modding Experience, like building cases ground up, or completely re-designing a case, to fit your desires.

Lets try this again.

EDIT

Would like to note, WC modding is really needed with this...

And no, I'm not telling you anything. Just post your projects, and you will hopefully know soon.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant to put in Case Modding Experience, like building cases ground up, or completely re-designing a case, to fit your desires.

Lets try this again.

EDIT

Would like to note, WC modding is really needed with this...

And no, I'm not telling you anything. Just post your projects, and you will hopefully know soon.

im pretty sure spotswood would do some great links, but im not sure he browses the forums he just posts, maybe drop him a pm.

Well, if you count my benching stations I've done 40+ scratch builds.

Some show pieces:

Water cooled Exoframe project:

--> Link <--

Frontrightlitvlobright1.jpg

Jewel Box project:

--> incomplete link <--

Frontslrthiunlit.jpg

DarkRtFrontHi.jpg

th_Liddemo.jpg

Console project:

--> Incomplete Link <--

Closedlitlowangle.jpg

Opennaturallight.jpg

Current Project, The R Unit:

--> Link <--

Breakdownleftfrontlow.jpg

The last time I owned a non-scratch built case was in 2001.

Navig

ps Spotswood is awesome, has a lot more watercooling and woodworking expertise than I.

My focus: unconventional but functional design.

Last edited:
Back