• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build W/ Tight Budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benny428

Im wanting to build a new computer from scratch, tower case and everything. Im going to establish a budget of $2500 dollars. I know you guys have seen a lot of reliable hardware and what works and whats good and whats not good. A video card is only optional if I have enough money left over. I'm thinking a good $300 leftover to buy a video card. Any suggestions? Again, everything from scratch. Towercase, power supply, processor, motherboard, memory(2gb min), hard drive, DVD/CD drive (re-writeable of course), keyboard + mouse (usb or ps/2, whatever the mobo supports and wired preferably.) I'd also like to stay away from Nvidea and Intel Products,:sly: I just don't like intel and Nvidea, call me a bad person, i dont care.

Thanks in advance for any help!

$2500 is a lot to build a system. You can build a very nice system for half that. You havent told us what you'll be using it for, but for 2500 it hardly matters, you can build one that does anything you throw at it for that budget.

Why dont you give us a bit more info and plenty of people will suggest parts.

You'll have no problems building an AMD system for that price range. I would advise against buying an AMD CPU right now with Bulldozer coming out soon, but it's your choice.

Here's a rough list of what I look at:

- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
- MSI 890FXA-GD65
- 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws
- Reference version of 2GB HD 6950
- Corsair HX650 or HX850 PSU
- 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3
- CM HAF 922
- Lite-On BluRay / DVD Burner

I would strongly look into an Intel sandy Bridge build though. They are much better performance wise and will overclock much better.

Ha, yeah 2500 will get you a nice system. But I find it funny that you wanna stay away from Intel yet you have an i7 chip for your avatar.:p

Just out of curiosity...is this your first custom PC? I find that most people building a pc for the first time don't like this product or that product because their current production line PC is running like crap or won't run like they want it to.

BTW: It's Nvidia, not Nvidea...just letting you know :)

as a happy AMD owner, buy a SB now or wait for BD to release, 2500 will buy just about anything right now, so calling your budget tight is kind of comical... you can get a good PAIR of monitors and a surround sound rig too for that price... easily...

Lol, if you say $2500 isn't tight.... A new video card released from AMD was at 1000 dollars. I have always used AMD all my life, and never relied on Intel, only AMD. As far as suggestions, way to go! I got a wopping 1 choice of selections! Lol. any other suggestions? Im going to use it primarily for light to moderate gaming. Not crisis at 26 fps, lol

Amd released their 6990 but that is the same thing as two 6970s. It isn't 1000 dollars and its 700. Just a FYI.

You will build a great AMD setup similiar to what I mentioned above for around $1500 if you add a SSD or go with dual video cards. For moderate to light gaming a sub $1000 build could easily keep you happy.

antec 1200 case
Antec 1200W PSU
Asus Crosshair IV mobo
AMD 1090T
4GB cas7 mem
Mushkin SSD 240Gb
WD Caviar black 1TB
MSI 6990
Asus 24inch 2ms lcd monitor

Thats just under your budget, but really over kill in some of areas.... easily go with less PSU, less case, less SSD, less GPU... but you wanted it to there it is...

Im gonna take out the SSD. I did some calculations, it comes out to a total of 2580, and if I take out the SSD, that gives me 1930 total (not exact of course) I really like this build. I just might have to go with this one.

Im gonna take out the SSD. I did some calculations, it comes out to a total of 2580, and if I take out the SSD, that gives me 1930 total (not exact of course) I really like this build. I just might have to go with this one.
Double check it, did you account for rebates? Or just go with LESS SSD, but I would not eliminate it all together...

Case - 160
HDD - 90
SSD - 440
Memory - 60
CPU - 200
Mobo - 160
PSU - 300
gpu - 735
Monitor - 199
2345 total

You could EASILY save 300 buck by going with less SSD and Less PSU and a lower priced 6990....

My System in my Sig only ended up costing about $1700 and thats with both monitors.

You might like this, it's an eyefinity setup.
activeDP7.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 45
Back