• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hosting a game server and sending DCCs in mIRC with router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

Hey all, I am on a Linksys 4 port router, specifically, the model is the BEFSR41. I want to be able to send DCCs in mIRC and be able to host a server (for only like 4 people at a time) on Starsiege Tribes. (Tribes 1, NOT Tribes 2) But it seems like the hardware firewall is blocking this from being able to happen. My question is, how do I make it so that I can send DCCs and host a server? I can accept DCCs just fine but not send them. Thx.:beer:

you will need to find what ports it uses then open them up in the router config software that u should have gotten

Note: doing this can open holes in ur firewall making it less secure

How do I know what to put in the service port range under the forwarding tab? It explains it in the help for the router but I don't understand it at all.

easiets thing to do with that router is put your computer/server in the DMZ goto http://192.168.1.1 then click on the DHCP tab, then the DHCP cleints table, find the computer you want to serve/host with then write down the ip adress, then click on the ADVANCED thab, then the DMZ HOST tab and enter the ip adress, you will be exposed to the internet and be able to host/serve any apps you want with out having to forward ports or anything.

Back