• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having Drive Problems with a 5850.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaosmachine420

My driver seems to quit after watching stuff on Hulu and playing Minecraft. I have it fully updated and installed again. Is it my card being over worked or is it because its dying tho its only been a year I think.

I dont think it is I have only tried it once but I reset it back to normal. I am also running it on two screens too if thats a problem.

I've got 2 screens as well. Don't see why it'd be an issue.

Installed again? as in installed over or fresh? Try a fresh install if you haven't already.

Could be a long shot, but your motherboard has 2 16x slots (though 8x 8x in Xfire). Try it in the other slot and see what happens.. Worth a try i suppose.

I dont think its a slot issue but is there any other way to check tho besides doing that and I have reinstalled the driver and program fresh with this new hard drive.

Which driver are you running? 11.4 is the current version. But yeah, the only time that's happened to me is if I am overclocking.

I have the same problem. Running 2 5850 directCU's not overclocked. If I am playing a game on one screen and watching hulu on the other (probably doesn't matter which screen these things are on) it periodically crashes and recovers and I have to reload hulu.

Mine is usually oblivion but I think it has happened when playing minecraft too. Sometimes the drivers crash just browsing the internet or not even doing anything. They always recover successfully however.

I am thinking maybe its just the manufactures build that isnt why everyone elses is messing up maybe.

I think its a conflict with either java and flash player or something else but with flash tho. I am saying this because my sister was using my computer for Minecraft and she was watching Youtube videos and it crashed on here too which hasnt happened to me in awhile.

Back