• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time Sleeving a PSU (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvt.Dancer

This is my first time re-sleeving a PSU I think it turned out pretty good. and it only took about 5 hours not all at once but not to bad I thought. :D

EDIT: I will be doing the 8 pin MOBO and the 8 Pin PCI-E at a later time I was just excited at how it looked and had to post!!!

Attachments

• _MG_3059 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    _MG_3059 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 306
  • _MG_3061 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    _MG_3061 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 290
  • _MG_3063 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    _MG_3063 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 298
  • _MG_3067 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    _MG_3067 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    145 KB · Views: 298
  • _MG_3068 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    _MG_3068 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 295
Looks pretty good... But I still ask,,.. Why?

Anyway. If you have more time to kill I'll send you my kingwin 1000's and you can do your magic... lol

JK, but honestly it looks good but it's soooo time consuming.

chaiyz

honestly I like the look and my hours got cut back at work so this project kept me busy. plu sits nice having something unique.

EDIT: and Chaiyz while I did it for my own I wouldn't want to do it for people because my hands are killing me!

Last edited:
Update

So i got the 6 pin PCI-E's done a couple of days ago and here it is! :attn:

Attachments

• IMG_3080 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3080 (Small).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_3093 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3093 (Small).JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 252
Looks like you used paracord for the black... Right?
I did the entire wiring for my case with black paracord 550 and I love it. Cheap as dirt and looks better than almost all sleeving kits out there, except mdpc-x, but for 1/10th the price I'll take it.

:thup:

Love the theme. I only have the patience for fan wires and things like that.. I don't have the patience for a full PSU 24pin sleeving job. Makes me cringe thinking about it.

But great work! Wish we had a local store here in aus for cable sleeving and heatshrink.. I have to order everything off ebay. Speaking of.

Is this what you were talking about? I might buy a stretch of it then : Paracord 550

It's in Aus too. 100ft, would last me forever for the limited amount of sleeving I do!

Honestly im not sure if it really is paracord this is what i got http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...roduct_info&cPath=44_32_656&products_id=26736 Maybe i spent to much lol but i wish they had that kind of sleeving in red but it doesnt look bad but just could have been better but its done so now its time to take it some where and show it off!

Not paracord... still looks amazing though. Fooled me; looks just like black paracord from the pictures..

Paracord sleeving

well now I wish I got some red paracord that would have looked a little better but o well im not going to redo it just for that it still looks good.

well now I wish I got some red paracord that would have looked a little better but o well im not going to redo it just for that it still looks good.

At least now you know about an alternative; and paracord is so cheap that when you do get the urge to do some more sleeving you won't have to break the bank on it... I did my entire case with $15 worth of paracord (100 feet) for $12.99 + S&H if I remember correctly.

I used 1/4 sleeves then 3/4 shrink i just went one size bigger on the shrink tube. in reality it was pretty easy to do just time consuming and with the right tools and some patience to learn the technique its a fun project.

it was tight for sure with my PSU too there are some diffrent sized wires and some had 2 wires attached to 1 pin that was harder to sleeve but doable anything smaller and i would have had to order different sized sleeves to finish i based my sleeving using a caliper.

What kinda temps are you getting on that Corsair water loop?

actualy i might RMA it it recently started making a noise and im a little worried plus im seeing a slight rise in temps right now but normaly i was getting between 20-22 idle and under load with prime 95 about 49-51it bounces a little. i am happy with it for what it is and i think the case looks cleaner overall.

Back