• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HTPC Build: Zotac IonITX / InWin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
So I was getting a bit tired of the noise from my 775 based mITX machine, and decided to finally try an Ion. Just picked up the parts and put it together today. Anyone looking for a good case for an Ion setup should really give InWin a try.
Dead simple to install all components, high quality construction and lots of space to tuck what little cables there are. Took maybe an hour to put together, then another few hours to figure out how to get 1080p mkv's to play.
As I found out, the Ion alone is just way too underpowered for anything other than avi's without offloading to GPU. CoreAVC and WMC solved that problem though.
Great little machine so far. If the included 80w PSU holds up, I won't be needing another HTPC for quite a while.

Specs:
Board- Zotac IonITX-E-E
CPU- Atom N230
RAM- 2x2GB Gskill DDR2-1000
PSU- 80w included (see pic).
HDD- Seagate 250GB 2.5"
DVD- Samsung Multi Slim
Case- InWin IW-BQ656

Pics:

Thought I'd share, since I am very impressed with this case and with the entire setup now that I have it tweaked to perfection.
Nice and Quiet too. :)

Last edited:
That's cool! I'm not really into HTPC stuff anymore due to Hulu and Netflix, but I've always thought the HTPC hardware was neat.

What kind of power draw have you seen so far?

Good question, haven't measured it yet. Couldn't be much though, just an Ion and a 2.5" mechanical drive. Ram and Mobo take a bit too, but not much.
Everything's hooked into a PureAV that runs off one wall socket though, so it wouldn't be hard to hook a Killowatt up to it.

Back