• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCC not opening or working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nintendo

I'm having a problem with trying to get the AMD vision engine control center to open up. When I look on the task manager the ccc.exe and mom.exe opens up and tries to load and then goes away.

The things I've tried is uninstalling the ATI drivers control panel and all and reinstall and it does not work. I've also uninstalled framework 3.5 and 4 and reinstalled that. I've uninstalled Microsoft C++ redistribution and had the driver install that since its on it. I have used the Windows installer clean up to get ride of all the extra ati drivers information too. I've done all of these before I reinstalled the ATI drivers again and restart the computer and it still doesn't open the control panel.

I don't know what else I can do to get this to work so any opinions would help me out.

PS

The video cards I use is 2 4850s in crossfire.

I tried uninstalling the CCC and reinstall the package by it self and still doesn't work. I really don't want to reformat my computer just to get the CCC to work but might have to unless someone else has this problem and fixed it before.

This happens to me everytime I install catalyst or update it. At least 3-4 times so far this year. Just open the ati install manager from Add/remove programs in control panel, and click "express uninstall ALL ati software". Then reboot the computer. Then install new drivers afterwards. Then restart again. Always works for me. Gotta do both reboots though, or ccc.exe and mom.exe will still not work

I finally got it to work. So happy now since I've been working on this for the past two days. I have never had a problem with ATI drivers until now and been using them for 8 years now.

I had the exact same problem with Windows 7 64-bit, .NET 4.0 and 3.5SP1, my ASUS mobo and Sapphire HD 6850, but the hardware and OS stuff was just fine all along. Turns out, my installations are broken if my anti-virus (Norton) is enabled during the install. The AVECC doesn't launch, unless I do a clean removal and then install while AV is disabled.
1. Remove all AMD software from the control panel. AMD Catalyst Install Manager can remove most everything at once, but be sure to accept the restart prompt. See also clean removal
2. Delete all these folders: C:\ATI, C:\AMD, C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies, C:\Program Files(x86)\ATI Technologies
3. Disable your anti-virus protection and firewall (1 hour should do it).
4. Close all programs (you can leave notepad open or your calculator, but it's best to close out all the meaty applications when performing any install)
5. Disable any services from AMD on the system. I found the AMD External Events Utility, so I stopped it, then disabled it. (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Task Manager, Services Tab, Services button, find AMD, right click, stop, double-click AMD, Startup Type, Disabled, Apply).
6. In Task Manager, find and kill off any remaining AMD / ATI processes. (CCC.exe, MOM.exe, ati*). They were all gone for me (at point of step 5).
7. Use the AMD auto-detect utility to find and install your driver, which includes AVECC. See also Windows 7 or Vista instructions

Performing all 7 steps got it working, but I suffered through just as many failed re-installs before this brute force fix succeeded.

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem with Windows 7 64-bit, .NET 4.0 and 3.5SP1, my ASUS mobo and Sapphire HD 6850, but the hardware and OS stuff was just fine all along.

Well I have the SAME! Build. I'm going to try the 12.1a (Preview Driver From AMD) I've had this problem in the past. It's something that only happens with AMD. Nvidia's never let me down.

Well I have the SAME! Build. I'm going to try the 12.1a (Preview Driver From AMD) I've had this problem in the past. It's something that only happens with AMD. Nvidia's never let me down.

Well ATI has never let me down but, Nvidia has it all depends on the system you have AMD does better with ATI obviousely.:rolleyes:

Here is what fixed it for me. I uninstalled CCC and all the other ATI components. Then ran Driver Sweeper and followed up with CCleaner for any remaining ATI filed. After that I personaly when in and looked for anything that was related to ATI and deleted them. Once that was all said and done. I Installed the latest Driver and it worked.

Back