• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1080P TV with decent dot/pixel pitch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

I've considered getting a HD (1080P) television to use as a monitor, but one of the biggest differences is the dot pitch specs between what's sold as a "computer monitor" and televisions. Any suggestions that won't break the bank? I'm looking at LED and LCD, will need to wall mount it. 32" would likely be the largest I could go due to wall space at my desk, thinking 24-27" would be ideal since I could probably skip wall mounting it. 24" HD televisions are rare though.

I am looking for one as well. Envisioning a wall mounted tv. and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

You might check out one of these: these as it is LED and wall mountable (24")

I saw a 27" samsung at costco lastnight for $270, but it was not wallmountable.

The 27" could have worked, I should be able to fit it on the desk. But 32" and above would have to be wall mounted. Unfortunately I don't have a costco nearby.

The dot pitch on the Samsung you linked to is high for that display (should be around 0.27?). I wouldn't care if it looked good, but I'll be really close ot the display so I'll probably notice it. :(

When I went to best buy last week it was hard to tell the differences because their input signal was mediocre and some of the monitors needed adjustment. Of the cheaper offerings, the LG displays looked the best there, followed by the Samsungs.

Nope, I've resigned myself to looking for a deal on a dell ultrasharp 23 or 24". But the prices on them are insane right now. It's not urgent I upgrade. Plus, my radar detector I've had for 5 years FINALLY died today so I'm going to have to sink some of the slush fund into replacing that. TMI! lol

FWIW, the LG and Samsungs at Best Buy were decent quality, just not much better than what I already have (dell 22").

Back