• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair AX1200 or Antec HCP-1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL what was your friend doing? i'm sure you can manage a much better job :)
looks like he was in a rush. the unit looks fairly nice. is that a red fan inside the PSU?

lol it looks much better!i forgot to get a pic i was so excited! He put my pc together for me because i had just spent nearly 2k had no idea what i was doing, he said "i can do it for you, i have A+ certification (i asked for the cert it was a comptia looked as legit as my EMT-b) and i work at the computer repairshop and take apart and put them back together to find the problem etc....". It looked great on paper, as they say, so i agreed.

Yeah you saw the results never again, i gradually grew more comfortable with opening up the pc and moving stuff about (fixing the ram checking the cables installing the 2 motherboard screws adding zipties etc) and from now on ill be doing everything myself. I build my mom a PC a couple weeks before mothersday and fixed my nephews and cleaned out and added new tim to my sisters computer. All in all there was a silver lining. More pics to follow

Last edited:
OK so i took some pics of how it looks currently I still need to add some zip ties and rearrange a thing or two but ill do that when i do my major upgrade/overhaul in about 2 weeks

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

correct me if i am wrong but is the rear case fan blowing in? if so is it hindering the performance of the ndh14thingy lol im not good with model numbers but looks purdy good! :) and you can get the cpu extension for a few bucks on the bay or any pc site sleeved so it will fit behind the mobo tray :D

Looks like its exhausing to me, as the fan rotates counter clockwise and look at the orientation of the blades. ;)

And I was wrong! :)

Last edited:
correct me if i am wrong but is the rear case fan blowing in? if so is it hindering the performance of the ndh14thingy lol im not good with model numbers but looks purdy good! :) and you can get the cpu extension for a few bucks on the bay or any pc site sleeved so it will fit behind the mobo tray :D

Lol yeah it is, i had to remove it to fit my hand back there rofl i installed it wrong, oops, luckily im not overclocked at the moment. No worries though the noctua does such a good job it wont affect it for the time being, once i do the major overhaul/upgrade ill redo it, thanks for pointing it out!

Looks like its exhausing to me, as the fan rotates counter clockwise and look at the orientation of the blades. ;)

And I was wrong! :)

teh motor is always on the out end of them is how i always tell :)

Did you try flipping the PSU over to get the wires closer to the hole on the mobo tray? The CPU power might reach if you do that, and it'll give you a little more length on the rest of the cables too.

teh motor is always on the out end of them is how i always tell :)
Never thought of it that way... :chair:

Thanks! :thup:

When my 8pin CPU wouldnt reach, I would run it close to the mobo, under the GPU as there is a nice space for that between the board and card.

btw my motherboard has another 2 4pin ports for powering the CPU shoudl i fill those as well? I hve to remove the noctua later on too so i should be ablee to get some wires to fit better that way too, this isnt the completed product, just a how it looks now after i installed the new psu lol and how lazy bad and unskilled my friend is

I have a corsair AX-1200 but I'm very disappointed by it.

It constantly produces a faint 2kHz sound that is getting into my nerves.

I managed to cleanly record the sound by putting a microphone near the fan exhaust and then filter the recorded sound with a band pass filter at 2kHz.

Here's the result (amplified): http://www.freesound.org/people/Zibri/sounds/133445

I know I can RMA the product and Corsair already approved it but I can't afford any downtime and I hate I will have to rewire all my pc.

I expected much more quality check on this product.

My system: http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=28342

I have a corsair AX-1200 but I'm very disappointed by it.

It constantly produces a faint 2kHz sound that is getting into my nerves.

I managed to cleanly record the sound by putting a microphone near the fan exhaust and then filter the recorded sound with a band pass filter at 2kHz.

Here's the result (amplified): http://www.freesound.org/people/Zibri/sounds/133445

I know I can RMA the product and Corsair already approved it but I can't afford any downtime and I hate I will have to rewire all my pc.

I expected much more quality check on this product.

My system: http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=28342

yeah thats the noise i mentioned in one of my earlier posts its has to do with one of the CPUs instruction sets or protocol features that can be disabled but may decrease performance i ended up going with the antec and i love it :D

That sound has nothing to do with the CPU. If I stop the PSU fan manually the sound stops too.. it's a faulty ball-bearing. Corsair already contacted me and arranged for an RMA. They have an excellent support, but lately they have a very low quality check.

About 1000 W.. but I strongly suggest to get a 1200 to have a good margin for overclocking and stability.

Back