• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair AX1200 or Antec HCP-1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I´ve heard that Corsair makes some of the best PSU´s there is and I´m very happy with my AX1200. Never looked alot into the Antec ones though.

Corsair.

But I wonder why you are rocking a 1.2k PSU when your sytem wont break 500W overclocked.

Even then you should be able to use a 750/850 quality PSU. (Thinking Corsair AX850/750 or HX750/850 here). 1200 is way overkill, even with overclocking. I personally, would go the AX850.

No clue my man. I dont own either of them. IMHO, you cant go wrong with either of them really as they are both great PSU's. Im a sucker for a Corsair though. ;)

I cant go to the [h] link from work (websense blocks it as 'game'? wth?)...

No clue my man. I dont own either of them. IMHO, you cant go wrong with either of them really as they are both great PSU's. Im a sucker for a Corsair though. ;)

I cant go to the [h] link from work (websense blocks it as 'game'? wth?)...

weird, its a review site want me to post some excerpts?

Naaa, Im good. The differences between these two models you are set on seem negligable so.... Just grab one and dont make it any more difficult on yourself. :)

Naaa, Im good. The differences between these two models you are set on seem negligable so.... Just grab one and dont make it any more difficult on yourself. :)

ther numb3rs the numb3rs LOL

the noise issue i think is my tipping point the partial modularity its neglible as its all the connectors ill need any how. im just a tad sad i dont get an antec bag for my cords lol

am i too late?
i see the Antec in your sig already...so maybe i am.
i was just gonna say...the Corsair looks much tidier with cables which are sleeved all the way to the connectors :santa:
but if you're choosing purely on performance, it doesn't matter one bit lol

enjoy the new Antec!

Lol yeah I bought it and turns out it comes with 2 sacks one for the psu and one for the cabling. The pc doesn't shutdown now when the gpu hits 80c I didn't have to use any of the modular cables. The only con was the CPU pwr cable was short so I couldn't run it round the back then through the hole above the mobo. So instead I zip tied it to the strut of my rear fan.

Also the idiot friend of mine who assured me he was qualified to build my conputer because he was a+ certified left out motherboard screws, used 2 adapters to power my gtx 580 3 molex-5pin(missing wire and contact) 2 six pin-7pin(again missing wire and contact) I told him I wanted my ram in triple channel configuration he put the ram in slots 1 2 and then 5 he didn't do a very good cable management for a person I've known for the last 4 years working at a computer repair shop. Pics to follow

Last edited:
IMG_0272.jpg

forgot to mention he also left on several twist ties! In this photo i put on this pic its to the right of the ziptie i attached before removing the twist tie. the other 2 pics i have are how it looed when he had done it and you can see on a different cable the second twist tie he left on.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    549.2 KB · Views: 850
Back