• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick uncore q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

Hi guys, its my weekend off, and Ive been playing with my newish board a bit.. Anyways, my particular cpu doesnt not like an uncore to much faster then 3600mhz. Okay, so now thats out of the way, I am playing with my memory today, and according to my memory, your uncore had to be double the memory speed. Id have to run my uncore way faster then that to run my rams at their rated speed.. But with this board it doesnt have to be that way, it seems I can select wichever uncore runs best for me, is that normal? Maybe I am just a little confused about how this works,but as long I can keep my uncore as close to 3600 (x2) I can run pretty much whatever memory configuration I want provided the stix can do the speed.. I dont know, it seems to go against everything Ive read? :shrug:

On your Gulftown (all six core 1366 cpus) you should be able to run uncore at 1.5x ram speed or higher.
Nehelem (all quad core 1366 cpus, excluding xeons) requires 2x ram speed.

It's one of the really, really, really, really nice features of Gulftown.

Man is that ever sweet!! Thanks! I thought maybe I found something like an fsb hole or something! :D

This all makes me want better ramsicles :)

Was that you with the Supertalents? I must look...

Awsome! Ive got the lower profile Adatas, but they top out at around 1800 8-8-8-22 with 1.66v, and about 1590 7-7-7-20 with the same volts :(

You have a PM :)

Back