• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need asus m3a78 mobo oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sporky

i have an asus M3A78 mother board and am trying to overclock my cpu. my cpu is a phonomIIx4940BE i currently have it running at 3.4 Ghz using only the multiplier. if i try to up the FSB my computer restarts wen i try running prime95. i trie the fsb at 204 up from 200 and the multiplier at 17 and i start prime and almost instantly it restarts the computer. my cpu temp readings are in the 48-50 degree range wen this happens. so i dont think it is a heat issue kuz iv ran prime with the temps around 65 b4 and no restart then. i have beewn told to try to adjust my cpu voltage but i cant find a place in bios to do so. i found a place that has settins like + 50mv,+ 100mv & + 150mv. not sure but i dont think this is what im looking for. i also tryed to run 3.5Ghz with just the multiplier at 17.5 and i had the same issue restarting and the temps were similar to the 48-50 when it restarted on me. any help please? i would really appreciate it.

Thanx,
Sporky

i can sure do that if someone can tell me how to post a picture on here

Back