• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Futuremark Releases PCMark 7 Today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm pretty sure it only works in Win 7

In your annoucment thread for pcmark 7, you said it was for w7 but I dont think it was ever resolved whether or not vista was ruled out. But it's really easy to find out. Ask futuremark or test. I can do the latter this weekend.

1st run

Sabertooth P67 * 2600K @ 4900 mHz * Dominator GT 1600-7-7-7-20 1T * Revodrive x2 240gb * MSI 6970 * Momentus XT 500gb x2 raid 0 * Lian Li T60

PCMark71st-2.jpg

PCMark.jpg

Last edited:
first time runs suck :p

well, I was finally able to get a run in... and well... needs more of everything :chair:

pcm7-3228-i7 870.JPG
plus it needs my benching desktop :p

once i get my LN2 going again, maybe in 3 months ill shoot for 6.0 Ghz and some serious GPU clocks, and wreck this bench

2nd run @ 5100 mHz

Sabertooth P67 * 2600K @ 5100 mHz * Dominator GT 1600-7-7-7-20 1T * Revodrive x2 240gb * MSI 6970 * Momentus XT 500gb x2 raid 0 * Lian Li T60

2ndtest5100mHz-2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like hard drive really has little effect. Guy has a revo x2 vs my vertex and a better gpu and is 200 points higher.

Looks like hard drive really has little effect. Guy has a revo x2 vs my vertex and a better gpu and is 200 points higher.

getting some good info out of these posts...and...at 4900 mHz I disabled HT and my score went down a hair...interesting...I am going to run a few more to see if that holds true

Its not worth boints so not worth any more of my time, lol!

Ill be happy run something on request if anyone needs it though! :)

I tried disableing HT thinking maybe I could get a better score, I pushed it closer to 4.4 and got a lower score then with ht. So tonite is my friday so after the gf goes to bed Ill let er rip with HT on, tho I dont predict much of a gain.. maybe 30-50 points tops. We need a thumbs down emote like on msn :D

I wonder if memory latency would help.. a tri-channel setup with high bandwidth and latency down into the mid 30s should be worth something :shock:

From what hokie showed from another website, its no doubt your score dropped without HT, and will go up with it. It said scaling stopped at 6 cores/threads.

Back