• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Futuremark Releases PCMark 7 Today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How did I miss this thread?!! LOL! DLing now... Im curious to see if this is as HDD sensetive as 05...

How did I miss this thread?!! LOL! DLing now... Im curious to see if this is as HDD sensetive as 05...

Doesnt appear to be, I ran it on my 775 system with an HDD, and on my daily driver with an SSD and it surely didn't show any MAJOR difference in scores. I could be wrong though.
Daily driver screen, granted this is without any overclock as I never overclock my daily driver:
pcmark7-2.png

Edit: It did take a little bit to run, I didn't time it or anything. It's definitely MUCH shorter than PCMark Vantage, but it is longer than PCMark05.

Hmmm, not sure if I want it to be hdd dependant or not... If it is then it will seriously limit the amount of serious contenders. But if it's not then it will be cheaper for me. :p

Hmmm, not sure if I want it to be hdd dependant or not... If it is then it will seriously limit the amount of serious contenders. But if it's not then it will be cheaper for me. :p

I can't say for sure, but from my two runs from it I noticed I didn't see a big difference between the one that ran on my SSD and the one that ran on my HDD. I'll let one of the guys with more experience give their input on the whole thing. :shrug:

pcmark7new.png

Appears that memory speed and timings don't affect it as much, as this new run was @ 1600 7-8-7, and the previous run was @ 1333 9-9-9.

This is PCMark7 on my Daily Driver...
Run 1
955BE (STOCK) + HD6950 (STOCK) + OCZ Vertex 2 60GB + Kingston HyperX Blue 1600MHz 9-9-9-27 + Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit (not stripped)
3790 PCMarks
955BE_HD6950_STOCK.jpg

Notice how I left the "strategic" parts of my background uncovered?

Run 2
955BE @ 4080MHz + HD6980 @ 875/1325 + OCZ Vertex 2 60GB + Kingston HyperX Blue 1600MHz 9-9-9-27 + Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit (not stripped)
4132 PCMarks
pcm7_OC1.jpg

Run 3955BE @ 4050MHz + HD6950 @ 885/1350 + OCZ Vertex 2 60GB + Corsair DOM GT 1800MHz 7-8-7-21 + Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit (not stripped)
4132 PCMarks
pcm7_OC2.jpg

Please look at the main tab of CPUz and tell me I'm not crazy... But this chip will do 4GHz + with that little voltage.... :shock:

Run 4
955BE @ 4275MHz + HD6950 @ 900/1400 + OCZ Vertex 2 60GB + Corsair DOM GT 1800MHz 7-8-7-21 + Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit (not stripped)
4241 PCMarks
pcm7_OC3.jpg

Maybe I'm blowing this thing out of proportion, but take a look at the CPUz main tab.... That is 4275MHz on the chip with just 1.36V... :shock:
I can't wait to get this chip cold and see how far it will go.

Last edited:
With a modest overclock of 4.1GHz it gave me this:
pcmark7_2.png

I like this benchmark, there's certainly something to it. I'm curious on how to tweak it, I guess I'll figure it out one way or another. It sure seems to like raw CPU speed.

Mine is 4634. I really thought I would do better than that....as for it being HDD dependent, I don't know...I run three Vertex 2s in raid 0 and as far as I can tell it uses mainly incompressible data so the write speeds are really low.

Share link: http://3dmark.com/pcm7/12080

pcmark7.jpg

Last edited:
Ramrod126, could you take a detailed SS showing the individual scores. I bet that RAID setup helped your score quite a bit.

Another conclusion - Sandy bridge kicks the snot out of a Thuban for this bench. :)

i'll bust out a bench of this on the i7 2600k superbeast tommarow and post it for you guys to look at. Should be very very interesting to see how it compares.

When I checked the bot earlier there was only like 4 submissions. Too bad it's not worth points. :( hopefully in the future :)

Quick, one of you guys with a 5K+ score submit at the bot...you could be #1 in the world! :D

Back