• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5970 Monitor Artifacting/Screwup on any overclock....Video Included.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sabiancym

Registered
So I'm attempting to overclock my water cooled 5970 and I'm running into a problem. The thing is stable and runs Furmark and 3Dmark with no problem, but whenever I set the clocks at anything other than stock, my second and third monitors artifact when scrolling or opening programs..

I don't know if it's artifacting, or what. Here's a video of it.

Should this really be happening with that small of an overclock?

Specs:
Core I7 920 @ 3.4ghz Watercooled
XFX 5970 Black Edition Watercooled
Corsair Dominator 6gb RAM
ASUS P6T Deluxe V1 MOBO
X-Fi Titanium 7.1 Sound Card
Corsair P256 SSD
Random 500gb 7200RPM HD
Corsair 850TX PSU
Corsair 800D Case

3x ASUS VW246H 24" monitors. Not in eyefinity atm, just extended desktop.

Happened to me when I used afterburner. Try a minor OC in CCC instead of afterburner and see if you still see the issue.

Happened to me when I used afterburner. Try a minor OC in CCC instead of afterburner and see if you still see the issue.

At first I thought you had helped me, but I just realized that increasing the clocks in CCC doesn't actually do anything...I increase it, hit apply, and thencheck the clocks in GPU-Z and furmark and they are still at stock. I even ran a 3D mark vantage test and I get the same GPU score as the stock 725/1000 even though I have it set at 850/1100 in CCC....

Why isn't it saving?

Last edited:
Wow....now when changing the clocks in CCC or Afterburner, no matter what I do, whether I overclock or underclock, my current values will drop from the stock 400mhz, 1000mhz to 157/300 and my screen will flicker badly like in the video...

What the hell is going on?

I had this problem too... the only drivers that i found the issue to be fixed was the 10.10d...

I'd uninstall afterburner completely and then reinstall your drivers after sweeping them. Try overclocking in CCC after you've completed these steps. Afterburner works for some people but not others.. it tends to be weird with 58xx/59xx series

This is a weird issue. CCC and MSI Afterburner both successfully overclock my card without any problems.

So this doesn't occur with only one monitor plugged in? If so then it sounds more like a driver issue.

Back