• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I overclock my ASUS G73SW-BST6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most laptops won't really overclock, and they tend to run very hot to begin with so I wouldn't even bother attempting to overclock a laptop.

I have seen lots of videos that show people overclocking there computers to get better performance so I wanted to see if I could attempt it.

If you OC a laptop, which you shouldn't, you drop the multi on the CPU and up the bus speed. That's all you can safely do in most cases. Even that isn't very smart.

Most laptops won't even let you overclock the CPU. You can overclock the graphics, but you need sufficient cooling for your laptop or it will overheat.

Overclocking a laptop is a bit trickier than overclocking a desktop, but it is possible and you can get a nice performance boost.

I have overclocked my Mobility Radeon 3650 from:
Engine Clock: 600MHz - 735MHz OC
Memory Clock: 500MHz - 615MHz OC

Download and try Rivatuner, if it doesn't work you can check out the videoguide I'm currently uploading and will soon post.

You can overclock your CPU with SETFSB, you just need to know your computer models PLL.

Overclocking a laptop is a bit trickier than overclocking a desktop, but it is possible and you can get a nice performance boost.

I have overclocked my Mobility Radeon 3650 from:
Engine Clock: 600MHz - 735MHz OC
Memory Clock: 500MHz - 615MHz OC

Download and try Rivatuner, if it doesn't work you can check out the videoguide I'm currently uploading and will soon post.

You can overclock your CPU with SETFSB, you just need to know your computer models PLL.

What are your peak load temps?

It reaches max 92degrees after a couple of hours of gaming :)
You can find the guide on to overclock Mobility Radeon cards here

Back