• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 2GB 6950 Performance Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Necromunda

Alright, to be honest I'm a total computer noob who can't really do much yet. I just "built" my first computer, and essentially I watched, considering my friend put it together. However I'm eager to learn :) Well I've been running a few games and noticed that the overall performance isn't anywhere it should be.

Downloaded 3DMARK 11 and got a graphics score of 4533 under Performance setting. I heard this is definitely low for the card? I started looking into all of this when I downloaded and begun playing Crysis under Very High settings, clocking in at around an average 30-35 FPS lol xD

Heres my setup:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power Power Supply

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 2GB 100312-2SR Video Card with Eyefinity

Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive

ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS

Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Computer Case

GIGABYTE GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Windows Home Premium 64-bit

I know I'm new and all, but I could seriously use the help! And it would be much appreciated :)

Edit: Typo, Graphics score was actually a measly 4533.

Last edited:
Without overclocking the cpu (especially) or the video card you won't see a increase in scores. Maybe a few points with some driver settings and tweaking at most.

As for your stock setting your scores are exactly where they should be. My 3.8ghz quad running my 6950 at stock settings scored me 4776 performance points. When I overclocked the card to 915/1300+ (a somewhat meager overclock) my score jumped to 5392.

The only reason you might be seeing this as "low" for your card is because other people have taken their 6950 2GB, unlocked the shaders to 6970 specs and overclocked the card. Since the hardware is still a 6950 it will show up as a 6950 in the scoring even though its more like an overclocked 6970.

Without overclocking the cpu (especially) or the video card you won't see a increase in scores. Maybe a few points with some driver settings and tweaking at most.

As for your stock setting your scores are exactly where they should be. My 3.8ghz quad running my 6950 at stock settings scored me 4776 performance points. When I overclocked the card to 915/1300+ (a somewhat meager overclock) my score jumped to 5392.

The only reason you might be seeing this as "low" for your card is because other people have taken their 6950 2GB, unlocked the shaders to 6970 specs and overclocked the card. Since the hardware is still a 6950 it will show up as a 6950 in the scoring even though its more like an overclocked 6970.

I'm 200 below that stock score though? Also, how would I go about overclocking past the 840 mark in catalyst? (I'm a noob, I know xD)

Also I have no chance of flashing to a 6970 because I have a non-reference card right?

I'm 200 below that stock score though? Also, how would I go about overclocking past the 840 mark in catalyst? (I'm a noob, I know xD)

Also I have no chance of flashing to a 6970 because I have a non-reference card right?

You're 200 below that stock score because of the lack of a cpu overclock compared to my 3.8ghz. I think with your cpu as fast as mine you'd actually see slightly better scores than I see at stock.

To overclock past the max in CCC you will have to edit your registry. I haven't done it or I'd tell you how. Search google or use a different program, like afterburner, to overclock.

you have a sapphire ? it should have trixx overclock on the box . go to the web site and download the latest version im running mine at 900mhz u should go to 880mhz on stock volt its very easy to use hope it helps .

Back