• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Screens with Radeon 6950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys

I use to run a triple setup with my old nvidia cards. Now that i got myself Gigabyte Radeon HD 6950 which can handle 4 monitors at once, im stuck useing 2.

I want my 3rd to work. Im useing the DVI-D for my AOC LED screen and DVI-I with DVI to VGA for my other monitor. I have a Mini Displayport to DVI but pluggin a VGA screen to this doesnt work. No matter how i combine the screens 2 is my max.

Do i have to get a mini displayport to DVI-I to be able to convert for the other VGA screen to work?

Does the Radeon 6950 only support one converted DVI to VGA?

For the three monitors to be recognized at least one has to be fed by the miniDB port on the card... If you don't have a monitor with a miniDP input on it; you will have to get an active miniDP to DVI/HDMI/VGA adaptor... It must be active for the rest to work.

minidisplayport to dvi is only digital, so trying to go miniDP to DVI to VGA won't work.

If the adapter is active you have to use it on a dvi port of one of the monitors. If it is passive then you need a new one anyway. So if you have to use VGA then get a miniDP to VGA adapter, I believe all of them will work.

Back