• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which psu to use for my rig in my sig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

Lol your going to spend 60of your us dolars on a surge protector /? My power goes straigh in to a some cheap thing that got a surge protect swich on it. should i invest in something more secure ??? wish i could give you an advice mate but look at the stars bro

LOL! I make my own surge protectors and line conditioners also but I'm using these for now while my beta's are in process.Cheaps protectors are sufficient id done correctly btw.
Now if someone could help me decide on which psu to use?

dont bump 2 hours later... this isnt an IM client yo!!! :)

Corsair 550VX would be fine even if you overclock until your card and cpu cant handle it anymore. Of those two you have listed in a signature.....the FSP.

I wouldn't bother with the TR2. No active PFC, lower efficiency (by far), suspect build quality (an old HEC platform that wasn't even any good when it was first designed)... the chances of you being able to get 600 real-life Watts out of it, I would think, would be very slim.

The FSP was very decent for its day. It'll definitely do the job. There are better out now, but a GTX 550 and a Q9650 will run fine on a 450W unit, you have nothing to worry about by using the FSP in this application. The only big problem with the Epsilon is when they're called to make much more than 600W... well, they really couldn't. There were lots of over-rated Espilon units out there, none of them could do in-ATX-spec ripple and noise levels at higher wattages. But at 600W, it's likely fine.

dont bump 2 hours later... this isnt an IM client yo!!! :)

Corsair 550VX would be fine even if you overclock until your card and cpu cant handle it anymore. Of those two you have listed in a signature.....the FSP.

C'mon earthDog obviously it was a mistake double post.I'm a senior too ya know:p.
Anyhow ok i'll use the Thermaltake for now since it's already in there.Thanks guys.

I had switched over to the FSP for a week and it ran cooler while gaming but then developed a problem with both pci-e power cords.Would not boot with them connected to my Video card.Now the Thermaltake is in there working well albeit a bit warmer.I wouldn't hesitate to buy another TR2 in the future for $60.The FSP was much more expensive and found defective fairly early...

Back