• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 2GB 6950 Non-Reference Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Necromunda

Alrighty, currently running the Sapphire 2GB 6950 card, Non-Reference model (Not the flex edition). I've been looking around but haven't found a definitive answer regarding unlocking the shaders. I know that flashing to a 6970 bio's is out of the question. However, has there been any success/any way to flash the 6950 Modded Bios to unlock the shaders to this card? Help would be much appreciated in this!

Yeah that card isn't unlock able. It lacks a dual BIOS and it doesn't use the reference PCB. Some non-reference cards will like the 6950 Twin Frozr 3 but that card has a dual BIOS and is a lot more high end then your 6970. I have Sapphire reference card that unlocked easily but again that's because it is a reference card. Can you return your card? Get a refund then buy a different 6950.

You could try hex-editing your own BIOS to open the shaders, but that's no guarantee. What is your exact model?

You can try RBE to unlock the shaders after ripping your specific bios from the card and then flashing the new bios. It will either work, or it won't... risk factor is pretty minimal.

Back