• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCC Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tailz0909

Registered
hey guys need a hand. CCC keeps crashing i have tried a clean install and also 5 older versions but now im out of ideas.. halp?
the crash takes place the moment i try to open it and crashes the same in all attempted versions.:bang head
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/unledjnt.png/
incase its unclear the box says CCC command line interface has stopped responding windows is looking for a solution to your derp.

Last edited:
Try updating your chipset drivers and BIOS. Also make sure the previous installs of ATI CCC are completely gone before trying to install a fresh current version. I would recomend a reboot in safe mode then unistall and manually delete the remaining folders and registry entries. Then reboot with antivirus software disabled and install the fresh version.

Or use a registry cleaner:cool: I find when I am switching gpu/drivers I get better results if I use a registry cleaner to wipe any current or other driver tracks off the list. So I uninstall the drivers, clean the registry, reboot, install new drivers. Safest way is to reboot between install/uninstall to ensure clean windows. I use the registry cleaner when I am cloning os's, swapping gpu's/hardware. And I also use a malware/rootkit scanner to ensure a clean system. The registry cleaner is important when switching between Nvidia and AMD/ATI drivers.

Back