• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

psu decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Of the ones you picked, that coolermaster. My choice however, would be Corsair 1000HX, beats the pants off everything mentioned in this thread. ;)

Whats wrong with your current model?

I wouldn't get either, but if you are going to get one of those two, get the Coolermaster. I would look at Corsair, they have great powersupplies.

cheers for the replies :)

@ Earthdog, I must update my specs lol, that is one of my builds that no longer exists LOL, broke up and sold on in drips and drabs.

Having read the reviews on both psu's, the adata does seem like a good power supply, it beat the pants off the coolermaster in terms of efficiency rating and topped out at 1346watt and still held the 80+ efficiency, I know what you all are thinking ADATA lol we all know what sort of stuff they make, but I think this product is not all that bad.

The coolermaster had some bad faults reading from reviews and did have some overheating issues and just barly made the efficiency cert on peak loads when pushed..

of coarse I would love the corsair AX1200 but its shiiit expensive over here in europe lol

Efficiency isnt everything...It may be a good PSU, I dont know. Tweaktown I dont think tested for ripple or noise did they?

Also, we suggested the Corsair HX1000, not AX1200. The HX is cheaper.

Looks like the Adata HM-1200 is decent after all. Id still get a corsair though due to some of the posts in that thread.

cheers for the replies :)

@ Earthdog, I must update my specs lol, that is one of my builds that no longer exists LOL, broke up and sold on in drips and drabs.

Having read the reviews on both psu's, the adata does seem like a good power supply, it beat the pants off the coolermaster in terms of efficiency rating and topped out at 1346watt and still held the 80+ efficiency, I know what you all are thinking ADATA lol we all know what sort of stuff they make, but I think this product is not all that bad.

The coolermaster had some bad faults reading from reviews and did have some overheating issues and just barly made the efficiency cert on peak loads when pushed..

of coarse I would love the corsair AX1200 but its shiiit expensive over here in europe lol

What reviews do you speak of? Most power supply reviews don't account for the real world important factors: Reliability and performance under heated crossload. Then there are ripples and noise, which all account for a hit/miss PSU etc... As far as performance and reliability is concerned, efficiency is just a figure, maybe change your hydro bill by $1 over a year.

-D

cheers for advice dudes,I went for a corsair hx-850 instead of those 2 I mentioned :)

Back