• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6790 to 6870 flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkizzy

Has anyone tried flashing a 6790 to a 6870 bios? Since they use the same architecture it should be abled to unlock the disabled ROP's and stream processors.

Never heard of that being able to happen. Many cards use the same architecture, but cant be flashed. That is flawed logic.

I understood what you posted. :)

I haven't heard of those cards unlocking. Being out for so long, one would think this would have come up by now.

The flawed logic statement arise from making the assume motion that because its the same architecture it can be unlocked/flashed. This is by far the exception.

That said, if you have another card try!

I understood what you posted. :)

I haven't heard of those cards unlocking. Being out for so long, one would think this would have come up by now.

The flawed logic statement arise from making the assume motion that because its the same architecture it can be unlocked/flashed. This is by far the exception.

That said, if you have another card try!

Yeah true in retrospect I have always known that most cards won't flash due to the same architecture, I just assumed it would be possible if it was not laser cut since another 6000 series card was able to, but according to a review site AMD told them that they are cut, so that explains why you or I haven't heard anyone successfully doing it :p

And I initially thought wrong on how far apart those cards actually are. Strikingly similar is more like it. So flawed logic was entirely too strong of sentiment. :)

Back