• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI-E 1.0 / 2.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

Hey ppl :)

Will a radeon HD 5870 pci-e 2.1 card work on a mobo with only a pci-e 1.0 slot? Are they backwards compatible??? Im guessing it will work but will be slower due to the slower bus speed of the 1.0 slot

I need to know for sure tho guys please because i just bought a 5870 and if there is any chance plugging it into a 1.0 slot will damage it i need to know before i jam it in there and blow a 150 quid lol

Thanks guys

As long as it's an x16 slot it should work, dude. I'm not certain if you'll lose much performance, though.

Ok kewl. thanks for the reply mate, i got a 16x slot yea, to be honest im runnin a HD2400pro atm, so doesnt matter, it will still be 100x more powerful lol. Its only guna be for a month, next month i'll be buying new proc, ram and asus crosshair. Its just temp im using most my current rig. Got new psu and the 5870 coming 2moro. Just hope its ok and doesnt damage it lol

Yea i know the processor, mobo and ram are all bottlenecks. As i said, its only for a month, then gettin 4 gb ddr3, hex core phenom and the crosshair formula.
I shud still be able to play all my games with pretty much max settings tho, so that will keep me goin for a month.
Thanks again for ur responses, was just worried bout pci-e revisions thats all :)

Back