• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD sli boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok so I recently upgraded to the socket AM3 with a phenom 2 x4 2.8ghz. anyways I recently got an nvidia geforce 460 se and I would like to move it to a new desktop in SLI with an X6 after bulldozer comes out. Anyways It doesnt look like there are many amd boards that support SLI anymore. If someone can make a sugestion to me that would be greatley appreciated.

Hi.

With the current mobo you will limited to use hack SLI and maybe you won't get the full options of BD CPU when comes out.

I think that a better option for you is keep your current components for now, and when BD comes out get a new mobo that officially will support Crossfire and SLI and will comes with all features enable for BD.

There are some true SLI boards that run the thubans. I was just hoping to get some sugestions as to which ones. I am planing on waiting for BD to come out but I do not intend to purchase one at that time. Ill wait a year or so before I jump into BD more than likely. I'm hoping that when BD drops the prices on thubans and a decent SLI capable mobo will come down a bunch.

Asus has an nForce 900 series board that supports Sli, it's not really the greatest clocking board from what I have read and I believe there is one up in the classifieds section. If you can't wait another month or two (or three) then you can get one for less than $100 and have Sli support, just make sure its flashed to support your chip first.

Back