• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feels like I got screwed by EA... Dead Space 2 rant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Welp, its been a bit over a year since I have had anytime to game or even do much with a computer. So I break down and build a nice AMD 6 core rig with a ATI 6970. I buy Dead Space 2 and want to slay me some monsters. All is good until I try to actually play the game. I cannot get the character to move. The Issac guy is in a straight jacket in some dark infirmary and the monsters decend and hack me to death. The game character does not respond to any keyboard commands.

I googled dead space 2 for a patch but the patch I found doesn't do anything except make my screen black. Pfffft!

Specs:

AMD 1090T 6-core
Asus Crosshair Formula
Corsair 4gb pc-1600
Gigabyte 6970
11.5 Cats
Win 7 32bit Home Premium
Cooler Master 700w PSU
Seagate 1Tb 32mb cache HD

Any help is greatly apprecieated.:bday:

I did a quick google search but not much came up looking like your issue. Just a quick thought...Secur Rom issue?
I had a completely different issues that left me unable to play DS2 for a month or so. Had to do w/ the executable being recognized as a virus (yes its legal, got it off of steam). It wasn't until the patch came out that I was able to play it..and...then got rid of Avira for being a jerk far too often...thank goodness for Microsoft Security essentials.

You haven't got an xbox controller plugged in do you? I spent ages trying to figure out why i couldn't move in FO3... turns out when the xbox controller is plugged in, it switches the keyboard off essentially... maybe the same for DS2?

Thanks for the replies fellas. No I do not have a xbox controller plugged in. It might be my keyboard though. I bought this Dell keyboard at goodwill for $5...LOL! I will go to Wallmart and buy a new one today.

LOL at yer HAhAH :)

I bought a new Logitech USB keyboard today from Walmart but I still get the same problem. Maaaaan, what gives?

I think it might be a driver issue. The same thing happens in my Star Wars Unleached 2 game. I am using Cat 11.5. I have tryed different USB ports on the mobo but I still get the same problem. The keys W-S-A-D do not work in-game but work on word document.

This is a very strange problem.

Have you tried a previous version of Catalyst? I think you can get older versions from AMD/ATI. If not Guru3d would have them.

I saw that some people were having issues with the Crosshair and the USB ports but most of what I read said they just straight up weren't working right. Maybe a reinstall of the chipset and USB drivers would help. :shrug: Shooting in the dark but ya never know.

Thanks man. I just downloaded driver sweeper and cat 1.4 last night. I haven't installed them yet. Funny that you mention the USB ports. I had a hard time installing the USB hub driver the other day. It would not install thru the auto all driver feature on the Asus install disk. Nor would they install with the windows "search for driver" feature in the device manager. I had to do the manual install and then it finally took. I will try to re-install the USB stuff again.

Where did you get the crosshair USB info at?

I uninstalled the cat 11.5s and installed the cat 11.4s (which have a better 3D quality) and installed the newest USB driver too. I still have no controll on my keyboard in any game that I play. the mouse works great but no movement. Sucks, I want to game but cannot.

Back