• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raidmax RX-1000AE PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zins

Registered
I have been considering getting the Raidmax RX-1000AE PSU. I have heard mixed reviews on this PSU. I would appreciate any feedback about this PSU. Thanks for the time. :bang head

:welcome: to OCForums!

From the [H] review, it doesn't seem like a good choice. Also, only a 1 year warranty tells me that the company isn't very confident in their own PSU. Personally, I would stay away.

Do you really need a 1kW PSU? What's your system look like?

This is what my build is going to be. Not sure how low I should go for wattage. Figured this would have over enough power, and is at a good price. I read the review that you mentioned the other night. I have also looked at reviews on newegg.com. Not sure what to think.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 AMD 890GX
Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooling System
2 x AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 Crossfire
Corsair 8GB DDR3/2000MHz
2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower
Asus 24 inch LED monitor

Yeah, a 1kW would be overkill. With the ~$150 budget, I would go down to the 750W range and get a reputable manufacturer like SeaSonic, Corsair, or Antec. You would still have room for GPU and CPU overclocking as well.

In my current comp I am running a 750 corsair, been happy with it. Im gonna have to look around and see what else there is. Thanks for the help. If anyone out there is running one of these Raidmax PSU's, let me know how you like it.

I've never heard anything good about Raidmax units. I had to replace a 500W Raidmax PSU for a client at one point as it died (non-catastrophically) on a socket 754 PC, but that's the end of my personal experience with them.

This review of the PSU wasn't exactly glowing:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/02/23/raidmax_rx1000ae_1000w_power_supply_review/

Also, like MattNo5ss said, 1kW is way more than you need, when you should instead invest in a higher-quality unit with "lower" wattage but with a stronger build and 12V rating.

Back