• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games running slow on msi hd 6850.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdrockyrocks20

Registered
I own amd phenom II x2 550 3.1GHz , msi hd 6850 , mobo-gigabyte m68mt-d3 , 4 GB ddr3 1333 MHz RAM.

I am playing games like crysis 2 , test drive unlimited 2 , mafia 2 , dragon age 2 , assassins creed-brotherhood at highest graphic settings at full hd.

Most of these games are running perfectly , but test drive unlimited 2 and call of duty black ops , slows down at specific locations while playing these games.

And my gpu load never exceeds 40% in cod black ops and 70% in tdu2.

I also downloaded and installed the latest 11.5 drivers for video card.

Some people suggests me to change my processor because they say that my gpu might be bottle-necking but I don't understand why my pc slows down during tdu 2 & cod , and not in any other game.

PLZZZZZ HELP.....

I can't say for sure but those two might be more CPU heavy games. You could always try clocking that chip higher or unlocking an extra core or two since more and more modern games are being coded to run on more than 2 cores.

Overclock.. If your GPU usage is so low, then the CPU is too slow for it. But that said.. What res do you game at? Could also play a part.

All other games like crysis 2 , assassin's creed brotherhood , dragon age 2 , etc. are running smoothly at 1920x1080 resolution , but the problem occurs only in these two games.

And please someone tell me how to unlock the extra cores of my phenom II x2 550.

PLZZZZZ HELP

Assuming you can unlock on that motherboard. Just look up Google for that or search these forums for unlocking and overclocking. Like someone said it could very well be those games need astronger CPU. I find it hard to believe that card and that CPU run crysis 2 on extreme at full HD smoothly though..

Back