• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best way to change drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HarriGary

Registered
I currently have an nvidia GPU and am waiting on my new hd6950 to arrive. In the meantime I was wondering what's the best way to uninstall the nvidia drivers and intall the amd drivers to make sure I don't have any conflicts. I have integrated graphics on my mobo so I was thinking about removing the old GPU rebooting using the igp and removing the drivers then installing the new card and installing the amd drivers. Maybe his is overkill? Are there any good free utilities to do this? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

Overkill.

Driver Cleaner Pro (free). Go in to safe mode, use that application to remove Nvidia drivers. Power off. Add in AMD card, Reboot, install AMD drivers.

Thanks for the super-fast reply! I was just hoping to hear back before my card arrives, hopefully tomorrow(fingers crossed). I am so glad I found this site. Its fully of people that like to help. Thanks a million.

Driversweeper does the same thing (can find it on guru3d.com)

Unfortunately I'm not going to get the card until Tuesday so I won't be able to install it until next weekend. It got to Lafayette last night but I guess ups doesn't run on Saturday and with memorial day being Monday it won't get delivered until Tuesday. :( damn it! What really sucks is I placed the order on newegg on the 23rd and I had from Thursday till Tuesday off. Oh well guess patience is a virtue.

Back