• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extremely bright light - how do I dim?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kiwi in the USA

Registered
First off, here's the case I am currently running:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119203

I love this case, it's small and compact and it looks great with white LEDs.

The only problem is that when the computer is sleeping (nearly every night), the power light is extremely bright and blue, and it makes it hard for me to sleep. Now I know that I could just unplug the power L.E.D, but I still want it there. So I'm wondering if there is anyway to actually dim (or cover with something to dim) the power light.

Thanks for reading :)

There is a fan controller that has the same issue. If you put a resistor on the LED, it won't be as bright. You'd have to do the math to find out what rating resistor you need for it.

The cheaper (though less sightly, depending on how well you do it) is to just use colored cellophane tape over the light. You could also just take a marker or crayon and use it directly on the light or over a clear piece of tape over the light.

The cheaper (though less sightly, depending on how well you do it) is to just use colored cellophane tape over the light. You could also just take a marker or crayon and use it directly on the light or over a clear piece of tape over the light.

+1 but i use a black sharpie ;)

Depending on how good you want it to look, you can just put some opaque tape on it, or color it with a marker like mentioned above. Scotch tape usually works pretty well since it's kinda matt.

Back