• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Lamptron FC8 Fan Controller Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This looks more like the kind of fan controller I would want in my build. Something more basic and without all the fancy LCD readouts and such. Just a good, solid, good looking, high wattage fan controller.

This looks more like the kind of fan controller I would want in my build. Something more basic and without all the fancy LCD readouts and such. Just a good, solid, good looking, high wattage fan controller.

Indeed, most of the time the temp readings on the lcd units are so inaccurate. Mostly for aesthetics no functionality. I would give up a high end touch screen controller @5w/channel for a simple 10w/channel controller any day.

OP: Nice review!

It does look nice. I really like the PWM setup vs.the old resistance based stuff. I'm not sure the solid cap stuff is as needed as say on a motherboard, but for a few extra cents it's nice to see. I'd also be interested in the make/model of the transistors used for the switching, but it's also a nice touch they have diodes for spike protection (should help the life span a decent bit).

All in all it might be one of the few fan controllers I'd be willing to invest in.

Last edited:
Not sure what he'd be able to gather, but I'll bring that to the attention of Spawne32, our resident lamptron rep, and see if he can find out.

It does look nice. I really like the PWM setup vs.the old resistance based stuff. I'm not sure the solid cap stuff is as needed as say on a motherboard, but for a few extra cents it's nice to see. I'd also be interested in the make/model of the transistors used for the switching, but it's also a nice touch they have diodes for spike protection (should help the life span a decent bit).

All in all it might be one of the few fan controllers I'd be willing to invest in.

Unfortunately, nobody outside of the inner workings of the company knows what brand parts they use, all the serial numbers and brands are removed from the parts during production to prevent theft of the design.

Power Output:Up to 30 watts per channel

That is some uber "pwn-age" there :clap:

If memory serves me correctly, when the Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme came around, it was also rated at 30W per channel. I do have to say the 2 extra channels and the fact that the LED colors can be changed in a much easier fashion than the Rheobus seem to give this one the upper hand. Too bad this wasn't around when I modded my Rheobus 4.:p

Back