• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your single SSD benchmarks here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

I would like to see the benches of some SSD's. They are here but hard to find and compare with other SSD's of different makes and models. So here you go, show em off. Please include the make and model, size, if it is sata II or sata III. Intel based or AMD if it's not in your sig and feel free to add any problems that you have had and the fix if any that helped and any other info you feel is important. Please include AS SSD and Atto and perhaps CrystaldiskMark. I think that it would answer a lot of questions about the differences and perhaps shine a light on the best bang for the buck saving folks a ton of reading biased reviews and having real numbers to compare.

I don't think I've posted any benchmarks of my SSD on this forum yet. It is an Intel 320 300GB SSD. SATAII SSD connected to a SATAIII port on a P8P67. 75.7 GB of free space plus over-provisioning when the benchmarks were run. Intel storage drives 10.1.0.1008, in AHCI mode with NCQ. Formatted size: 279.46GB. That gives 40GB of over-provisioning, although a good chunk of that goes to the RAID4 like parity data the drive does. These benchmarks aren't clean, in that I am running Windows and everything else off of the SSD while benchmarking it. I ran the Intel Optimizer before each benchmark.

Here goes:
ATTO-320.png
Around 10MB/s lower than the theoretical max of 286MB/s of SATAII. A write performance of 220MB/s, which is pretty nice since it is rated for sequential write speed of Up To 205MB/s.

AS-SSD-320.png
For some reason AS SSD kept crashing on the read access time test every time I did the full test. If I did just the access time test it worked fine. The results I then got was around 0.170ms for the read access time. Without queue depth the sequential write drops a bit but is still above the rated specs. Either Intel is conservative or it is because of all the empty space on the SSD keeping it from running out of spare blocks. Random writes aren't on the same level as SandForce, but not bad. The 4k random read without queue depth is the same 20MB/s most SSDs do. At high queue depth the random read is quite competitive.

CDM-320.png
Remember that CDM uses decimal prefixes.

Last edited:
asssdbenchm4ct128m4ssd2.png

MSI P67A-GD65-B3 (Intel 1008 RST Driver on Intel SATA III Port)
Crucial M4 128GB 0001 Firmware

Vertex 3 120GB on 2600k (see sig), system disk, windows running.
110606033429420819.png

Last edited:
Thought I would post my new Agility III
Not really impressed with the speed after having 2 raptors in raid, it really is not noticably faster.

Attachments

• raid 3.jpg
    raid 3.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
Not really impressed with the speed after having 2 raptors in raid, it really is not noticably faster.

well something is clearly not right with your scores... fiddle around with different AMD storage drivers...your 4k scores are well in-line but the sequential scores are subpar.

Those are pretty bad number for an Agility 3. Looks like you have NCQ disabled. You high queue depth 4k scores are low.

Here's my single OCZ Vertex 2 60GB drive... i'm 99% sure it was before the whole chip switch and all that...
I don't think its really that fast, as i've been led to believe... but still better than a HDD

Attachments

• AS SSD graph 19-5-2011.jpg
    AS SSD graph 19-5-2011.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 508
  • AS SSD numbers 19-5-2011.jpg
    AS SSD numbers 19-5-2011.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 507
My two 180GB Vertex 2s in Raid0.

as-ssd-benchSSDmaster32220119-56-40PM.png

OP, do you plan on collating the info from these benchies?

well something is clearly not right with your scores... fiddle around with different AMD storage drivers...your 4k scores are well in-line but the sequential scores are subpar.

There is only the one set of AMD drivers and the MS fare no better, I don't seem to have an option to enable NCQ whether in raid mode(ACHI) or in IDE. Seems very odd that it writes faster than it reads.

aphellyon, no I hadn't planned to. Was just trying to get a more visual picture of the speed differences, it's very hard to see the how they look against each other without many different benches in a single thread. There seems to be a lot of people buying these things, and like me they might be less than impressed if they make the wrong choice.

There is only the one set of AMD drivers and the MS fare no better, I don't seem to have an option to enable NCQ whether in raid mode(ACHI) or in IDE. Seems very odd that it writes faster than it reads.

aphellyon, no I hadn't planned to. Was just trying to get a more visual picture of the speed differences, it's very hard to see the how they look against each other without many different benches in a single thread. There seems to be a lot of people buying these things, and like me they might be less than impressed if they make the wrong choice.

From what I've read on corsair/ocz forums, that's as good as it will be on AMD systems. Only P67/Z68 platforms optimize the speeds.

Two days later and it seems to be deteriorating pretty quickly. Maybe I just got a bad one but it seems to suck.

Attachments

• as-ssd-bench  OCZ-AGILITY3 SC 6.9.2011 6-43-42 AM.png
    as-ssd-bench OCZ-AGILITY3 SC 6.9.2011 6-43-42 AM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 450
You could try resetting you BIOS to defaults (except leaving AHCI on). I've seen reports of people that changing certain setting in BIOS during overclocking would seriously hurt SSD performance, especially on SandForce drives. Usually something related to power management or sleep states.

Mushkin 60GB Deluxe SSD Sata II (Sandforce SF-1222 34nm) using AHCI drivers from the Windows 7 installation. benchmarked on intel chipset motherboard sata II. i also have an ocz agility ssd in my laptop. i'll see if i can post benchmarks of it after a year of using it.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    17 KB · Views: 446
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
check mine out :shock:

Attachments

• as-ssd-bench Fusion-io ioXtre 6.19.2011 2-32-58 PM.png
    as-ssd-bench Fusion-io ioXtre 6.19.2011 2-32-58 PM.png