Should I reapply thermal paste?

I applied some thermal paste before I realed my new cpu cooler didnt come with screws just push pins. So I had to run to the hardware store to get some screws. Its been about 45 min. since I applied it and left it sitting. Should I remove that and reapply or will it warm up again and reset once I have the pc running?
    MB-Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    CPU-intel i7-2600k @ 4.5
    PSU-Kingwin KX-1000
    GPU-Gigabyte GTX 780ti Windforce
    SSD-SanDisk Extreme 240gb
    HD-WD Caviar Black 1tb
    RAM-Corsair Vengeance LP 16gb @ 1600
    CPU Cooler-Corsair h100i
    Case-NZXT Phantom 630

Wants Old Title Back
    Didn't Get It
    You always remove the old thermal paste and reapply to get a proper spread. You could get air bubbles and uneven coverage unless you start all over.
    I want my old title back.
    Old beast is torn down.
    Will update later.

900 watt (1500VA) UPS
    27" ASUS VG 3D/Nvidia V2 3D glasses and 24" Acer H243H

You took off your heatsink? Awesome dude!!! I mean that! You were worried about moving fans around and now you took off the heatsink and worked with it. See it's not at all hard is it? A little bit intimidating at first but not so bad once you do it. Next thing you know you will building a rig yourself!
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    Conumdrum is 100% correct. when i buy a tube of thermal paste (i prefer arctic silver myself), i always buy a large tube because i know i will go through it faster than i realize. you don't want to be caught with your heatsink off without any thermal paste on hand, i know from experience
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

Yea, I bout an Antec 300 case and a new heatsink and fan (Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Rev. 2.) for my old system. I got everything in there even though it took me 4 hours to do so. It turns on but no display. I've tried 3 monitors I have. Then the skythe kaze fans I bout for the case, the four pins fell apart on me. Gonna return them tomorrow. Not sure why there is no display. Well, atleast I tried.
    MB-Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    CPU-intel i7-2600k @ 4.5
    PSU-Kingwin KX-1000
    HD-WD Caviar Black 1tb
    CPU Cooler-Corsair h100i
    Case-NZXT Phantom 630

Are you using on board graphics or a gpu?
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

Tried 2 different gpu's. a 9800gt and the one that was in there before, a 9500gt. Neither show anything.
    MB-Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    CPU-intel i7-2600k @ 4.5
    PSU-Kingwin KX-1000
    HD-WD Caviar Black 1tb
    CPU Cooler-Corsair h100i
    Case-NZXT Phantom 630

Strange, you should start a thread about it. I am more then positive you will find the help that you need. I wish I knew more. Do you have on board graphics? If so it may need to be disabled in the bios, and that's why the cards aren't working

Good idea. I start a thread.
    MB-Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    CPU-intel i7-2600k @ 4.5
    PSU-Kingwin KX-1000
    HD-WD Caviar Black 1tb
    CPU Cooler-Corsair h100i
    Case-NZXT Phantom 630

I wish I could help more, but I am just learning the ropes, and reading alot