• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new computer build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just ran a 15 hour prim95 stress test here are the results what do think??

Attachments

• new test.PNG
    new test.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 61
when i ran the prime95 i click'd onto [in place large FFT's] is that the right one

A lot of people like running the large FFT test. It stresses the CPU a little more and the memory a little less. Personally, I like the "blend" test as it stresses the ram better than large FFT does and the stability of the computer depends not only on CPU settings alone. It think the blend test is more balanced.

I would only lower the CPU voltage if you can do so and still be stable at you current CPU frequency. If you can get higher than 3.8 and do so without exceeding 1.5 vcore in Windows at idle or 1.55 under load, then you might consider that as well. I get uncomfortable when the CPU voltage exceeds 1.5 at idle in Windows or 1.55 under load, even when core temps are still good. I think exceeding these levels of vcore puts components at unnecessary risk of premature failure while only gaining a pittance more of performance.

well trents i just finish running a 12 hour prime95 blend test and here are the
cpu temps, i also drop the volts down to 1.44v. i'll try and go for 4ghz tonight

Attachments

• @3.9.PNG
    @3.9.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 46
prime95 with blend test for 1hr @4.0ghz, romm temps around 21c outside 8c, melbourne australia weather.

Attachments

• @4.0.PNG
    @4.0.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 45
trents can you tell me with those temps are they idle or under load with prime95??

Not sure what you are asking but the mid 50s C. max temps I often quote to people are core temps under load after running Prime95 for 10-20 minutes.

Back