• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Q9400 and MSI P45-C51

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MCH is NB voltage, otherwise you are correct.

Why would you try 376 again? What is your overclocking goal?

MCH is NB voltage, otherwise you are correct.

Why would you try 376 again? What is your overclocking goal?

If possible, I would like to keep it at 3GHz. So according to that, what should the voltages be? Or should I put in those you gave me now and see what happens?

3Ghz? Thats it? :p

Every system and every CPU is different as far as the voltages. What I gave you should easily work for 3Ghz, and can likely be turned down after you know its stable. Thats part of the game of overclocking is finding hte lowest voltage possible for a stable overclock. That is up to you to do on your own.

3Ghz? Thats it? :p

Every system and every CPU is different as far as the voltages. What I gave you should easily work for 3Ghz, and can likely be turned down after you know its stable. Thats part of the game of overclocking is finding hte lowest voltage possible for a stable overclock. That is up to you to do on your own.

Hello. Sorry for not replying last nite, had to finish up at work. I am running 376 FSB and 8 Multiplier at the moment with your settings. Okay, so I did what you suggested I do with the timings, voltages and so on, and the results were very good. THANK YOU! I started running Prime95 this morning and when I left for work it ran for 6 hours already without any errors. Will call home in about an hours time and give you an update on that.

My question now is: How am I going to get the RAM to run at it's stock speed of 1333? It is under-clocked at the moment, and has a FSB/DRAM ratio of 2:3 and DRAM Frequency of 560MHz as you know. Will this under-clocking of the RAM bring my system's performance down or not?

Try upping the memory multiplier one notch and see if it takes. because you have touched the FSB though, using the next multiplier will likley overclock your ram. So then if there is instability, its likely coming from your ram.

The performance difference though will be negligable.

Try upping the memory multiplier one notch and see if it takes. because you have touched the FSB though, using the next multiplier will likley overclock your ram. So then if there is instability, its likely coming from your ram.

The performance difference though will be negligable.

Okay, I think my options for FSB/DRAM ratio is 1:1, 1:1.3, 1:1,6, and 1:2. If I put it on 1:2 the memory will run at 752MHz (1502MHz), which I think will be too high for my 1333 RAM, will it? I can definitely not use any of the others, that would bring my RAM frequency up sky-high.

Last edited:
You are showing a 2:3 multiplier in your screenshot...

Just play around with it and see.

Yes, that is true, but it is that way because the FSB/DRAM ratio is on AUTO in the BIOS. I want to select a multiplier that gets me as close as possible to running my RAM at 1333. I will play around with it and see what I can get out of it. I have an update on my Prime95. It is still running after 10 hours and still going strong with no errors what so ever! would it be save to say that my PC is in a stable state?

I want to thank you so much for helping me solve my problems! I now have a much better idea of what to look for and what to change in such PC behavior. But I guess practice makes perfect and I learned so much from you. THANK YOU!

Back