Wrong screen resolution Win Xp home

Hi,

a couple of days ago my Asus EEE-PC 1000H netbook would boot with a resolution of 1024x768 instead of the native 1024x600 pixels. Effectively that means I have to drag the cursor to the top of the screen in order to see the remaining pixels. This is annoying. Everytime I change the resolution back to 1024x600 upon restart the settings automatically revert. If you have any clue as to why that happens please let me know.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Trying is doing. Be it your system or anything else, changes are never entirely reversible and therefore all the more intriguing.

Have you changed video drivers recently?
    |ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3|i72600K 3.4GHz @ 4.5GHz(100x45)|EVGA GTX670 FTW+ 4GB @ 1006/6008|
    |4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 PC2 12800|LianLi(PC-A70B)|Corsair HX750|ASUS Xonar Essence STX|
    |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS)|3x1TB (WD Black) 0+5 Intel Matrix Raid|

|Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac|i54670K 3.4GHz @ Stock(...x..)|Corsair H60|
    |2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 PC2 12800|Corsair(250D)|Corsair CX600M|
    |Samsung 840 Evo 250GB (OS)|3TB (Seagate)|

Yeah I have. The intel GMA 950 drivers that came on the disk were outdated and flash videos would not run fluently. Strangely though the screen resolution bug did not show itself until 5 days after updating drivers, so I took that off my list of possible causes.
    Trying is doing. Be it your system or anything else, changes are never entirely reversible and therefore all the more intriguing.

Senior Headphone Guru
    reinstall the driver. if still messing up, then hit with hammer. if still not working, chucking it off the expressway helps....

But seriously, reinstall the driver just in case there was something strange happened to it.

Wow that actually worked, surprisingly. Lets hope they don't go bad again. The error occurred only days after the last driver installation. Thanks.