• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Noctua Unveils New Products at Computex 2011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Using the proven, time-tested SecuFirm2 system, the new mounting will be backwards compatible with all Noctua coolers since 2005 and will be supplied to customers free of charge after providing a proof of purchase. The upgrade kit will be available when the new platform is launched in Q4 2011.

I don't own a Noctua cooler, but that right there is all it takes for a company to go from "Just another manufacture" to a top notch company. Will Thermaltake provide 1155/1156 or 1366 brackets to someone who purchased the old TRUE? If they do, cool, but I don't think that's the case!

Noctua has some pretty interesting designs, and it's neat to see something different than "Big Tower, more heatpipes" though essentially it's what they are accomplishing :)

Good point Kowalski. Customer service seems to be a high priority there, which is great. It's what makes companies like Newegg stand out in the long run.

My favorite part about the new products was definitely the picture with the heatsink that looks like it was built not to interfere with tall ram heatspreaders. That is my only complain about my NH-D14. It cools great, but blocks out several memory slots.

Matt

Some interesting products there. Free upgraded mounting for owners of older Noctua heatsinks is a great call!

Kind of off topic, but why are RAM manufacturers still making huge heatspreaders on current RAM anyway? The rated voltage keeps getting lower and lower, it's not like these are 2.6v DDR or Micron D9 DDR2 running at high volts and clocks. I just don't see a need for huge heat spreaders on current RAM, I guess it's for looks :shrug:

My sticks get decently warm with their little mini-spreaders. They could do with more airflow or larger sinks.

Corsair got it right with the dominator gt's allowing you to easily remove the Extended fin if you so choose.

As for Ram height on the nh-d14, yo can easily move the fan up the heatsink or move it to a Pull-Pull configuration and not cut into your ram slots as much.

Noctua's real talent lies in that they achieve so much cooling, at the same time as having minimal auditory impact. They have spent alot of time designing things specificly for low flow, high efficiency.

I rip the heat spreaders straight off any RAM I purchase. In a few cases I've actually had stabillity issues until I pulled the heatspreaders off.

I've found they tend to have more of a negative impact on stabillity. The only good thing about RAM heat spreaders is that they look cool.

I'm keen to get one of the flow focussed fans. Always find these provide better performance than regular fans on heatsinks..... Better static pressure.

I am just loving that triple stack setup, if it does have better performance than the NH-D14 than i can see that as the top selling cooler for them right next to the HTPC low profile one. A lot of people love the performance of the D14 but do not want to sacrifice a RAM slot on some boards so this is a nice alternative. The side-by-side cooler is throwing me off a bit though, i just see it as a bit over kill, You wont even see you MB anymore with this and a couple of 6870s

To me it looks like Noctua is looking for our business. I use their fans and I'm completely satisfied. They do cost a lot, but what doesn't if its quality and does what it's advertise it will do.

The NH-D14 is an incredible cooler. I have mine paired with Arctic Cooling MX-4 thermal paste and the cores of my 1090T (with a Vcore @ 1.57) idle at 21-22C in a 70-72C room in my Coolermaster HAF X 942 with the stock fan configuration. If that is not proof enough of Noctua's Innovation, I don't know what is.

A company like this needs to be rewarded for it's innovation, especially with some of the low-profile solutions that they have created. Yes, it (the D14) does sit above my RAM slots, but I purchased low-profile ram so that i could have that cooler. Airflow around the ram is better than would be expected also.

Noctua's build quality is something to be mentioned also, I have not used a cooler that has been easier to mount with equal pressure on the entire surface of the CPU. The mounts are incredibly secure, and re-mounting is a breeze in case you want to make changes, such as trying new thermal paste. Tension Springs are used on the screws that mount the cooler also. I can't say enough about the quality of the cooler, compared to other popular brands, Noctua truly does outperform in quality and performance.

I'm very excited about the triple stack, and can't wait for benches to come out with the new bulldozer lineup. I would expect to see some wonderful things from this company

I cant wait to see what the triple stack to be released or at least tested and reviewed. Another thing i like is their corner silencers. They seem to kill that whole beige and red look and give it a bit of flash. I think i can live with the color scheme even more with those corners.

I was going to take my NH-D14 off of my current rig when I get a BD CPU, but instead, I'll wait until the triple-stack comes out and pair it up with BD for some serious air-cooled OC'ing*.

*Must have missed this when it was first announced.

Last edited:
Back