• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m1992

Registered
Hey Guys , i'm planning on getting a new rig , and i would like some suggestions ;

This is what i come some far::chair:

*SAMSUNG S22A350H ToC Rose Black 21.5" Full HD HDMI LED
BackLight LCD Monitor $175
*IOGEAR GHDC1402P 6.5 ft. (2 m) High Speed HDMI® Cable
with Ethernet M-M

*ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner-Bulk-OEM $20

*Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM
SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $90

*EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port
(Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP $580(R)
Ready SLI Support Video Card
*EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port
(Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
Ready SLI Support Video Card

*RAZER RZ03-00181400-R3U1 Black USB Wired Lycosa Mirror
Special Edition Gaming Keyboard $110
*RAZER DeathAdder Black 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired
Precision Optical Gaming Mouse - 3.5G Infrared Sensor

*OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal $135
Solid State Drive (SSD)

*Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM
*CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 $190
SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop

*CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W ATX12V v2.31
/ EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular
Active PFC Power Supply $414
*Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel
/ Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

*GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s
USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $380(R)
*COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Intel Core i7 compatible

Total cost : 2094 after rebates ,:cool:

well depending on your budget get an intel 2500k or 2600k

then switch your motherboard to a P67 not Z68, MSI or ASUS

and if you have more left after that check into maybe a 120gb SSD

and then :)....watch out for those LED monitors some people say they are so bright it hurts to look at them

2600k definetly , and why shouldn't i go with z68 they have ssd catching and other features ,i didn't know about that issue with led monitors

2600k definetly , and why shouldn't i go with z68 they have ssd catching and other features ,i didn't know about that issue with led monitors

yeah if you want ssd catching then go z68, i was thinking it only had the integrated graphics...sry

Since cost doesn't seem to be a concern here, I'd definitely go with the 2600k.

Since you are using an SSD, Z68 is worth it. Although I'd switch from an Agility 3 to either a Vertex 3 or a Solid 3. Also, 120GB (if you can afford it) will be well worth the investment. As large as window's footprint is, you'll run out of space quick.

Gigabyte is a great board, as are Asus and MSI. Can't really go wrong with any of them. Gigabyte and Asus seem to have better warranties and customer service (based on reading reviews).

For HDD I would personally go with a Samsung Spinpoint F3. You won't notice much of a difference,if at all, with the extra caching and speed bump from SATA III on the WD.

I also think you'd get just as much if not better performance out of a Cooler Master Hyper 212+. Everything I've read on the V8 says its not worth its price range. If you want something a little beefier than the Hyper 212+, something like the Dark Knight would work very well. Or if you want to go high end, Noctua NH-D14 is one of the best.

Since cost doesn't seem to be a concern here, I'd definitely go with the 2600k.

Since you are using an SSD, Z68 is worth it. Although I'd switch from an Agility 3 to either a Vertex 3 or a Solid 3. Also, 120GB (if you can afford it) will be well worth the investment. As large as window's footprint is, you'll run out of space quick.

Gigabyte is a great board, as are Asus and MSI. Can't really go wrong with any of them. Gigabyte and Asus seem to have better warranties and customer service (based on reading reviews).

For HDD I would personally go with a Samsung Spinpoint F3. You won't notice much of a difference,if at all, with the extra caching and speed bump from SATA III on the WD.

I also think you'd get just as much if not better performance out of a Cooler Master Hyper 212+. Everything I've read on the V8 says its not worth its price range. If you want something a little beefier than the Hyper 212+, something like the Dark Knight would work very well. Or if you want to go high end, Noctua NH-D14 is one of the best.

I can't afford to get 128 ssd's and from i what read i thought that in order to get the intel smart response your ssd had to be 64GB or smaller , i know about the samsung f3 but i just rather get WD , also with the cooler i was thinking about getting something with duals-fan(no water cooling , i don't trust it ) i think hyper 212+ with and extra side fan will be good if you say v8 isn't worth the money . i know noctua is the best cpu cooler but i'll have to save even more lol:santa:
also by the way since i m getting sli 570's , are my temperatures going to be high ? i don't pretend to oc them so high , i will just have them in a mid range level or stock , should i be thinking about getting a vga cooler ? or will i be fine with the 2 200mm that come in my case and the 140 mm :confused:

ud7 is what i'm getting not doubt:cool:

they would be warm, but no overheating issues and use of a good case fan will keep them at manageable temperatures, its the 400 series SLI you have to worry about :D

whats the big difference with the 400 series??

Thanks i was wondering in case i get a haf X since it has a huge side fan it will make a quite diferences on my temps?. also will a cooler master 800W Gold be able to run two 570's ? or should i go with 1000W Gold coolermaster ? i think 1200 its a waste of money because i don't think i will be needing that extra power for just sli

800W should be enough. I would personally stick with the Corsair Professional Series you had in your original post. Corsair puts out quality PSU's.

GTX 500 series is much more power efficient that the 400 series. That tends to reduce heat considerably. They'll run warm just because they're in SLI. That's why I said I'd wait to see if you need aftermarket cooling for them. I don't think their temps or performance will be anything unruly.

whats the big difference with the 400 series??

the 400 series was the supposed to be the specs of the 500 series, but to get it out on time they cut corners on power consumption and heat, making them fast, but very hot power drawing cards that didnt live up to the full fermi spec, the 500 release is what the 400 should of been, 500 is a tweaked 400 lets say.

Just for Info

Just So everyone knows the Swiftech XT dose not fit this Gigabyte motherboard. It hits the 6 Caps. on the left side of the CPU and it dose not matter were the 3 screws are, I tried it :) So now I need a new CPU Liquid block and have no idea were to go from here. I guess I read for a week or so before I get on with this project.

Later All,

Don

Back