• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended O/C memory for E6300 on asus P5KPL.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Groov3st3r

Hey guys, I wanted to upgrade my measly 2gb Kingstone RAM (PC2 5300 I think...533mh/z anyway but lowest I can choose is 677 in mobo settings I think)

Now currently its at 333 fsb (2,33gh/z) and will not go over that. My board will support up to 1600 fsb (in overclokcing only) and memory of up to 1066 mh/z.
I am thinking 4gb even though I have a 32 bit version of XP, because if in the future I would like a win 7 then I will have some more ram ready. + I will always have whatever it will take from that 4th gig of memory on my system.

And do you think I will need anything else in particular to speed my cpu up? Im not changing the cpu itself and I got a decent heatsink on it already. And gpu I changed recently, SATA slots ran out and any expensive hardware/software is out of question. So any ideas?

At this point I think the only way you'll see any real world gains without swapping CPU / mobo is to get yourself an SSD.

Right..... I was specifically asking about memory since I got stuck at 1333 rated fsb and I want to push it higher. I believe my setup can and will manage that. Its not just about gain in speed or stuff, I want my clocks higher.

Anyway, I cant affor an SSD - Im not made of money.... Ill leave that to my future PCs, maybe all drives I will have will be SSD in RAID. Aaah, dreams...

Back