• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice XBMC home theater setup (not mine)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stumbled upon this sub section and think it's a really cool idea to have.

Reminded me of this article I read over at xbmc.org

http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2011/05/20/feature-friday-spending-money-to-save-money/

If this section is just intended for things that were done by ocf members, then please remove this thread.

enjoy the read

That is nice. Gives me some ideas about some mods to my cinema.

The idea is the home and the technology combined. We would love for our members to contribute everything, but even if it is not yous it is still a contribution and that is the point. We want this to become a hub for home inovation not just the limited input (at present) from current members.

Agreed.. nice find and if you do the math.. it looks like around $5,000 worth of materials/equipment..

With the cost of movie tickets x # of attendees + sitter costs etc etc.. this would easily pay itself off within 1-3 years depending on how often you go out..

I've found out, and continually still find out, that measurements and I do not get along well at all. I am the kind of guy that can measure 15x and come up with at least 3 different points on the same board. I've cut studs about a 1/4" shorter even though I measured it quite a few times.... I was never meant to be a carpenter.

I could easily do the electrical, a/v and such though!

Back