• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6970 stopped working.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
i popped on the water block refilled the system started it up went to windows then screens went black, after a reboot it got to the bios screen they went black with some artifacting and now they do nothing no matter what.

im at a loss of what to do this is the first water block i have installed on a gpu im going to be verry angry if i paid 400$ for this card and i broke it because of a water block, wouldnt see how it would kill it.

Last edited:
i think it is im not sure because the monitors are black the fan throttles like it normally does on boot up and the mobo status lights turn off as they should after post. gonna try a different card in a minute

Hopefully you installed it properly and it didnt short anything or overheat b/c of poor contact...

i think it is im not sure because the monitors are black the fan throttles like it normally does on boot up and the mobo status lights turn off as they should after post. gonna try a different card in a minute

If you can get the post code (the beeps) it will tell you what is the problem.

I am pretty sure it is the video card as you said. :(

I would try putting the original cooler back on and firing it up..

i did sadly nothing :(

there was good contact on all the parts of the cpu and the ram as when i pulled it off there was a nice spread on the gpu and the ram pads all had good impressions of the ram chips. who knows im going to let it sit for a day or so and see if she will fire up then if not i got nothing to lose so il give the oven trick a try. seeing as how its an HIS card and im pretty sure the warranty is gone on them if you pull off the stock cooler.

edit: just hooked up a speaker and it just beeps once like it should.

Last edited:
i did sadly nothing :(

there was good contact on all the parts of the cpu and the ram as when i pulled it off there was a nice spread on the gpu and the ram pads all had good impressions of the ram chips. who knows im going to let it sit for a day or so and see if she will fire up then if not i got nothing to lose so il give the oven trick a try. seeing as how its an HIS card and im pretty sure the warranty is gone on them if you pull off the stock cooler.

edit: just hooked up a speaker and it just beeps once like it should.

That sucks.
Tried to use the other BIOS? edit: I recently changed the BIOS and had black screen on start up & crash on window mode... Hope this helps.

Back