• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Experience Index for RAM (Memory)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dg170775

Registered
I have overclocked my system to 4.24Ghz, and am using the 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM module.
But, when I check the WEI score, my memory scores only 5.9

Is there anyway to increase this score? My RAM is currently set @ 4x, 1600MHz, so, I was expecting a better score.

WEI score is useless. Dont worry about it. ;)

Just make sure its set properly for its speed(which you say is) and its timings.

Like ED mentioned the WEI assessment is pretty much useless, and if you're running Vista then 5.9 is the max. RAM score available. If you're running Win7 then post the exact model of Corsair you have, including the rest of your system spec's and the current DRAM frequency and timings.

Hi, I'm running Win7 64-bit
System Build Info:
ASUS p7H55-M
Intel i3 530 Processor @ Stock (Currently, but, I have a saved OC profile @ 4.24GHz)
Corsair 4GB XMS3 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
On board Graphics (Will be buying a card soon)

Currently, everything is @ Stock, so the RAM is @ 4x, Timings are Auto. I was looking at WEI to see the score, and then load my overclocked profile, for comparison.

Does seem a bit strange as I get 7.4 on my DDRII RAM running at 846Mhz. But that might be my extra 2GB doing that. Plus WEI is very rough at best.

Has anybody done the WEI score with the Corsair XMS3 4GB 1600Mhz RAM, at 4x speeds, and 9-9-9-24-1T timings?

Also, the OS being Windows 7 64-bit.

Tried few months ago.
4GB Apacer DDR2 @ 800 Mhz 4-4-4-12, and score is 7.4.

This is quite strange.. Most of you folks are getting 7+ scores on WEI, and I'm getting 5.9
Surely, looks like there's something wrong, with the way I've set the RAMs / Timings / etc.

Any idea how I can figure the issue?
I purchased my RAM after going through a lot of reviews, and these were recommended several times by CustomPC ..

I have 2X2GB Corsair XMS3, 1600 Mhz, running @ 4x, 9-9-9-24-1T

This is quite strange.. Most of you folks are getting 7+ scores on WEI, and I'm getting 5.9
Surely, looks like there's something wrong, with the way I've set the RAMs / Timings / etc.

Any idea how I can figure the issue?
I purchased my RAM after going through a lot of reviews, and these were recommended several times by CustomPC ..

I have 2X2GB Corsair XMS3, 1600 Mhz, running @ 4x, 9-9-9-24-1T

Many reviewers recommend stuff do to a low cost etc.
WEI 5.9 does seem slow and your memory may be set at a lower speed
Corsair XMS3, 1600 Mhz, is a step or two faster then stock depending on your platform.
Use cpu-z to see if your memory is running at 1600 Mhz and 1t.

Vista only goes to 5.9... u on vista?

That and this score DOES NOT MATTER...so I wouldnt worry about it.

Vista only goes to 5.9... u on vista?

I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium..
CPUZ Images attached.

I also found the below in the WEI help Pages.. confusing me even more.. If I've understood it correctly, then the score of 5.9 makes sense.. But, then, how come others are claiming higher scores?
Anybody out there with exactly a Windows 7 64-bit system, and only 4GB RAM, and getting higher scores??

If your computer has a 64-bit central processing unit (CPU) and 4 gigabytes (GB) or less random access memory (RAM), then the Memory (RAM) subscore for your computer will have a maximum of 5.9.

Attachments

• CPUZ-1.jpg
    CPUZ-1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3,085
  • CPUZ-2.jpg
    CPUZ-2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,069
Last edited:
It probably just Mickey$oft deducting points for not having over 4GiB of ram. Like we've said, WEI doesn't matter.

easy...

i got a samsung i5 np3505c-a02uk

with 6gb, i have a 7.9 ram score and a 7.1 processor score. i have run the test a few times and it never changes.

It probably just Mickey$oft deducting points for not having over 4GiB of ram. Like we've said, WEI doesn't matter.

On my Phenom rig, my 1600 cas 7 G-skill 4gb kit scores a 7.8 / 7.9. My slower 8GB kit scores a 7.8 at best in both my Phenom and PD rigs.

If I move the 4GB kit to the PD rig (Where it currently is) WEI gives it a 5.9, regardless of how high the memory benches.

I can set it all the way down to 800MHz (Total, not per DIMM) and it will still get a 5.9. Whatever, M$

My GSkill Pi 1600@800 is cas-7-7-7 3x2 gets 7.9
My cheap GSkill 1600 cas-9 3x4gb kit scores 7.9
Both kits for a total of 18gigs at cas11= 7.9
WEI doesn't matter
winsat
This gives you command-line access to the assessment tools used to generate the Windows Experience Index (WEI) score introduced by Microsoft in Windows Vista. It measures various hardware performance characteristics and capabilities, and then gives a number from 1.0 and 5.9 for Windows Vista and from 1.0 and 7.9 for Windows 7.

The WEI scores can be edited very easy.

One thing i see is that 768mHz DRAM frequency is wrong. It should be @ or about 800mHz. Secondly, your command rate is set to 1T where it should be 2T(I would not be surprised if the system is rather unstable like that). Lastly, you are correct. Windows 7 will cap your score at 5.9 if you have 4GB or LESS of installed ram. Install say 8GB and your score will be uncapped.

Z

EDIT::: ignore me. . . this is a 2yr old thread lol)

One glaring point I'd make is the memory is actually DDR 3 10700 1333Mhz the 1600Mhz is an added XMP profile. Sorry for adding to an old thread but I have the same problem here and now with Corsair vengeance lp. Bought it expecting PC 12800 1600Mhz but find it is as the image of your shows PC 10700 :(

Back