• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark BenchMark major problem HD5870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattSharp

Hey guys, i'm in desperate need of help. I recently built a rig as a much needed upgrade (this isn't the first pc i have built). My specs are:

Crosshair IV Formula mobo
1100T Thuban AMD processor
Sapphire Radeon HD5870 graphics card
4gb ripjaw ram 1600mhz
60gb vertex 2 ssd
700w psu
Viewsonic 28inch monitor with 1900x1200 res.

So the problem is that i found that when i played ANY games, i would have a slight lag, enough to annoy me, and on black ops it was terrible. This just doesn't happen on the built that i have right? So i decided to get a benchmark so i know whats going on etc. My graphics score came to a shocking score of 1384, my physics score came to a very average 4947, my total score being 1746.

This just isn't right, my computer should be getting well over 10,000, shouldn't it? I have ALL of my drivers up to date, i even bought a program that checks and installs any that i don't have. Please can someone give me a heads up as to what i've done, could it be an error with connections or something? Thanks guys.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, i ran 3DMark 11, ( i am very inexperienced with this software ), and ran on extreme settings, it says X1535 as my score, is that honestly what i should be getting? thanks

Run the Performance setting, that's the standard for 3DMark software. It will make it easier to compare.

Ok so i ran the performance test which only tests at 1280x720, and i got P4309, my graphics card got 4205, but shouldnt i be getting a better result than this anyway?

By comparing on 3DMark's website, it looks like you are right where you should be for a 1100T/HD5870 system.

Capture.JPG

Compare your results with others at the orb with similar systems...

But that looks about right.

But my mate has a gtx275 and it performs better than mine, not with comparison on a benchmark, but in terms of lag. He can play crysis maxed out with mods and he doesnt lag, whereas i get lag if i try and use mods. In honesty then, is the graphics card i bought :censored::censored::censored::censored:? What do you think i need to upgrade so that i can play games without lag on maxed settings. I'm not a fanatic about fps, but i don't like to see lag when i've spent a fair amount of cash on my system ae. thanks

But my mate has a gtx275 and it performs better than mine, not with comparison on a benchmark, but in terms of lag. He can play crysis maxed out with mods and he doesnt lag, whereas i get lag if i try and use mods. In honesty then, is the graphics card i bought :censored::censored::censored::censored:? What do you think i need to upgrade so that i can play games without lag on maxed settings. I'm not a fanatic about fps, but i don't like to see lag when i've spent a fair amount of cash on my system ae. thanks

Do you have a second graphics card (physx) on your system? Did you install the latest drivers? Did you mess around with the oc settings? How high does the temp go when you play games. Did you play around with the AA settings in CCC. I played around with it and made it 16x filtering and 8x AA highest quality and I noticed lag on nba 2k11 with my 6970.

Since Crysis is one of the games that detects your graphics settings and then sets the performance settings, I bet that your settings are just too high. Try running at your resolution and set the lowest in-game graphics settings. If those play smoothly, raise the settings one level at a time until you can't play smoothly anymore. Then drop to the last level that worked.

Back